(Topic ID: 73363)

Cash money for anyone who bought a pinball machine from Gene Cunningham!

By PinballInc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    thread-disaster.jpg
    popcorndudegif.gif
    colbert.gif
    addams-fam-watch-creepy.gif
    th_popcorncat_gif_pagespeed_ce_Nf-maJRbwY-524.gif
    LBt6j.gif
    michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif
    dddd-176.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Who is this "Pinball Inc.?"
    What are they?

Um.... if you have purchased a reproduction ramp in say the last 10 years or more then you should know Pinball Inc.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

So I buy a game from whatever Vendor, they have money issues and maybe cant pay their bills, I should help F him over? Whatever, thats a dick move, dont kick a guy when hes down.

But it's ok to punish all the people that he owes money to? Maybe they are hard up too and have money issues.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

But it's ok to punish all the people that he owes money to? Maybe they are hard up too and have money issues.

True dat! But probably wouldnt be giving away all kinds of cash if that were the case.

#54 10 years ago

As James said, this has nothing to do with Pinball Inc. and Illinois Pinball. It is a private matter between the two men. James used Pinball Inc. as a reference to his reputation (which is impeccable). Pinball Inc. makes replacement ramps that far exceed the quality of the originals. In addition to that, James is a close friend and is an important part of the Pinball Industry.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

http://www.pinballinc.com/
    Jim makes all the replacement ramps.

not Road Show but we're waiting

#56 10 years ago

mmmmmmmm............ James do I smell more fireside chats in the near future????? : D

#57 10 years ago

Maybe Jim's just giving everyone rebates on their repro-ramps for Christmas

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Without reasons, not seeing a need to report ANYTHING to another company. If legal issues, go through normal processes.

Though not relevant, offering a reward for information is indeed a normal legal process to gather information. For a good example just ask any law enforcement agency.

#59 10 years ago

Would that cash be delivered in crisp green currency?

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

Though not relevant, offering a reward for information is indeed a normal legal process to gather information. For a good example just ask any law enforcement agency.

The only LE agencies I know of who routinely throw money around for information are the feds. Local law enforcement does not have the money in their budgets to pay for information. They develop leads and gather information the old fashioned way--by way of good police work. What you are doing smells of a slick lawyering shortcut to build your case.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

But you have no affiliation with said robbers/scammers per your example.
    So I buy a game from whatever Vendor, they have money issues and maybe cant pay their bills, I should help F him over? Whatever, thats a dick move, dont kick a guy when hes down.
    This may not even be going on here, as its a secret squirrel operation.

I don't see how gathering factual information about legitimate transactions could be construed as "f-ing" someone over. If the seller has nothing to hide and is on the up and up then how can it be used against them? For the sake of argument let's say the seller is trying to hide something, then who is trying to do the "f-ing" over?

Please show an example of how it plays out that you're helping someone get "f-ed" over by giving legitimate information?

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Um.... if you have purchased a reproduction ramp in say the last 10 years or more then you should know Pinball Inc.

I haven't bought any in the past 10 years.

Have you bought any of my parts in the past 10 years?

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

http://www.pinballinc.com/
    Jim makes all the replacement ramps.

Yes and thank God he does.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I haven't bought any in the past 10 years.
    Have you bought any of my parts in the past 10 years?

How much of a reward are you offering?

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

I don't see how gathering factual information about legitimate transactions could be construed as "f-ing" someone over. If the seller has nothing to hide and is on the up and up then how can it be used against them? For the sake of argument let's say the seller is trying to hide something, then who is trying to do the "f-ing" over?
    Please show an example of how it plays out that you're helping someone get "f-ed" over by giving legitimate information?

The intel gatherer isnt Fn over anyone(yet), the giver of the info could likely be contributing to the Fn over providing it.

Say you buy the machine from a Vendor paying cash, and the gub'ment comes knocking on your door asking for info of what kind of cash you gave the Vendor as they didnt report it to them and may be charged with tax fraud, the deal that went down between buyer-vendor was a legit deal, right? Sounds to me like the info provider is Fn over the vendor.

First you say legitimate transactions but mention something is hidden. Whats being hidden?

Safe to say, anyone does a business deal with me, I wont go selling our transaction details to anyone offering me a few bucks.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

The intel gatherer isnt Fn over anyone(yet), the giver of the info could likely be contributing to the Fn over providing it.
    Say you buy the machine from a Vendor paying cash, and the gub'ment comes knocking on your door asking for info of what kind of cash you gave the Vendor as they didnt report it to them and may be charged with tax fraud, the deal that went down between buyer-vendor was a legit deal, right? Sounds to me like the info provider is Fn over the vendor.
    First you say legitimate transactions but mention something is hidden. Whats being hidden?
    Safe to say, anyone does a business deal with me, I wont go selling our transaction details to anyone offering me a few bucks.

So, you are saying if I need a good fence for stolen pinball items, you are my go to guy? Sweet! (just teasing)

#67 10 years ago

Then maybe it doesn't belong in a public pinball forum. What people will do for a few bucks.

Quoted from awarner:

It is a private matter between the two men.

#68 10 years ago

Snitches get stitches.

Or so I hear.

#69 10 years ago

The story behind this is long and complicated and when it's all over, I'm sure James and/or I will write a book about it. James simply needs some information and like the Police was willing to pay for it. What better place to connect with the right people than here? Nothing bad will happen to the people who bought the machines and provided information. There is no law against telling someone about a transaction you had.

#70 10 years ago

Cosmo. Yer post had me shooting coffee outta my nose from laughing so hard. Thumbs way up. While we're up,..... UP the fckn IRONS !!! My #1 band.

#71 10 years ago

I don't like this one bit. So transaction information is worth $50? So people actually provided private transaction information to this man? I can make money by just buying a game from someone now? Just doesn't make sense.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

So transaction information is worth $50?

"It is worth what the market will bear" - Pinside.com

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

"It is worth what the market will bear" - Pinside.com

Lol, my transaction info for my last 3 games. $100 obo.

#74 10 years ago

I'm going to need pictures of the handshakes

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I said nothing of sort that something was being hidden. I said "for the sake of argument".

Here's an example to ponder "for the sake of argument". When the feds went after Bernie Madoff they had to prove that he used funds for his own personal gain. To do that, they tracked down all his personal transactions by soliciting. Are you saying that all the companies and individuals who did business with Bernie should have been quiet and let him get away with his actions?

To say I am trying to gather information to "screw" him over with the information is unfounded and unwarranted, especially since you are not involved.

If you have any allegiance with Gene you have every right to and I completely respect it, many people have nothing but good to say about him. I'm not here to pass judgement or anything of the sort. Just gathering information. As stated I could have simply started a thread and asked, which would have gotten me free information, but I always feel that it's fair to compensate people for their effort.

Cheers,
    James

#76 10 years ago

My guess is this is over obligations that Gene has just ignored and now it's going to bite him in the proverbial arse!

#77 10 years ago

Ive never met Gene and have never done business with him, so Im quite unbiased on this topic. Sorry man, once you posted this on a public forum its everyones business.

Best of Luck accomplishing your goal, I just hope it doesnt brow beat an old man that has done a lot for the pinball hobby, as it sounds you have done a lot as well with your ramp manufacturing.

Post edited by centerflank : grammar

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Ive never met Gene and have never done business with him, so Im quite unbiased on this topic. Sorry man, once you posted this on a public forum its everyones business.
    Best of Luck accomplishing your goal, I just hope it doesnt brow beat an old man that has done a lot for the pinball hobby, as it sounds you have done a lot as well with your ramp manufacturing.
    Post edited by centerflank : grammar

Fair enough, thanks.

Cheers,
    James

#79 10 years ago

I have never come on a forum and posted anything that is between James and Gene because I don't believe it belongs on a public forum but if someone's intentions are less than honest then I will step in. This inquiry that James is making is nothing less than a personal vendetta. James why don't you tell them how much money you owe Gene from the sale of the pinball parts that you and the Australian purchased ... the final payment you never made! Perhaps if you had made that payment the situation would never have come to this. You were paid by the Australians. Maybe Gene should have posted on here and offered a reward to all of those who purchased pinball parts molds from you that were not supposed to have been sold. James we were friends and it saddens me that it has come to this. I hope that when karma finally comes your way that it is less vindictive to you than you are being.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from kimc:

I have never come on a forum and posted anything that is between James and Gene because I don't believe it belongs on a public forum but if someone's intentions are less than honest then I will step in. This inquiry that James is making is nothing less than a personal vendetta. James why don't you tell them how much money you owe Gene from the sale of the pinball parts that you and the Australian purchased ... the final payment you never made! Perhaps if you had made that payment the situation would never have come to this. You were paid by the Australians. Maybe Gene should have posted on here and offered a reward to all of those who purchased pinball parts molds from you that were not supposed to have been sold. James we were friends and it saddens me that it has come to this. I hope that when karma finally comes your way that it is less vindictive to you than you are being.

#81 10 years ago

... and there is the plot twist in this story.

#82 10 years ago

Oh crap, and I am out of popcorn.

#83 10 years ago

kimc=Gene's daughter, I believe.

popcorndudegif.gifpopcorndudegif.gif
    #84 10 years ago

thread-disaster.jpgthread-disaster.jpg

#85 10 years ago

Moved to Pinside Penny Dreadfuls.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

kimc=Gene's daughter, I believe.

Where did you park your squad car, Dick Tracy?

(It's either Gene's daughter or an imposter, but the former seems more likely.)

--Donnie

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from kimc:

The courts will prove who was right and who "screwed" whom, with confidence I'll leave it at that. I will warn you that slander is something that can bite you personally. If you have anything else to say to me or about me you know my lawyers contact information and I now have a second lawyer to handle a certain bankruptcy filing, have your attorney contact mine to get her information if you feel the need to contact her about my information gathering.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

thread-disaster.jpg 25 KB

Ouch! Now that looks painful.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from djb_rh:

Where did you park your squad car, Dick Tracy?

You're parked right behind me, Sherlock.

#91 10 years ago

I'm gonna throw out another wild guess - that James is trying to show that Gene is a merchant under the UCC. How close am I, James?

#92 10 years ago

Can make a request for a whodunnit? 3way ramp? I'd gladly pay $50.

#93 10 years ago

Knew this thread would turn out interesting...
    images.jpgimages.jpg

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-money-for-anyone-who-bought-a-pinball-machine-from-gene-cunningham/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.