(Topic ID: 73363)

Cash money for anyone who bought a pinball machine from Gene Cunningham!

By PinballInc

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zippydapinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images.jpg
    thread-disaster.jpg
    popcorndudegif.gif
    colbert.gif
    addams-fam-watch-creepy.gif
    th_popcorncat_gif_pagespeed_ce_Nf-maJRbwY-524.gif
    LBt6j.gif
    michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif
    dddd-176.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

If anyone has purchased a pinball machine from Gene Cunningham since August 1, 2012 could you please PM me? We are paying a $50 for each machine reported to us if it was purchased between August 1, 2012 and April 20, 2013. We are paying a $25 for each machine reported if it was purchased after April 20, 2013.

Please, please respond via PM or email. We cannot discuss the reason for needing this information in public.

If you bought 10 machines your payment will be 10x so if you bought 10 machines prior to April 21, 2013 we will pay you $500. The more you bought the more we pay.

Thanks,
    James
    email: Pinballace at Pinballinc dot com

#2 7 years ago

something smells here...

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

something smells here...

A very long thread indeed. Popcorn time.....

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

something smells here...

Yeah, I'd avoid this.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

If anyone has purchased a pinball machine from Gene Cunningham since August 1, 2012 could you please PM me? We are paying a $50 for each machine reported to us if it was purchased between August 1, 2012 and April 20, 2013. We are paying a $25 for each machine reported if it was purchased after April 20, 2013.
    Please, please respond via PM or email. We cannot discuss the reason for needing this information in public.
    If you bought 10 machines your payment will be 10x so if you bought 10 machines prior to April 21, 2013 we will pay you $500. The more you bought the more we pay.
    Thanks,
    James
    email: Pinballace at Pinballinc dot com

Without reasons, not seeing a need to report ANYTHING to another company. If legal issues, go through normal processes.

#6 7 years ago

Interesting.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Without reasons, not seeing a need to report ANYTHING to another company. If legal issues, go through normal processes.

But..... 50 bucks!.....

#8 7 years ago

this is going to be real good.....or real bad

we should know shortly

dddd-176.gif

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

But..... 50 bucks!.....

And maybe a Subpoena.

#10 7 years ago

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

#12 7 years ago

LBt6j.gif

#13 7 years ago

th_popcorncat_gif_pagespeed_ce_Nf-maJRbwY-524.gif

#14 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies so far, your payments will be sent promptly. For those who didn't purchase anything and desire to speculate, research my reputation. For the person who mentioned "subpoena", there will be a guarantee of no such thing...in writing. Pop away.

#15 7 years ago

Report your machine today, and it may be gone tomorrow - no guarantees.

#16 7 years ago

This situation has been going on for a very long time. Nothing new here Jim's trying to recover some of his losses

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

For the person who mentioned "subpoena", there will be a guarantee of no such thing...in writing.

That's good to know, lol.

#18 7 years ago

Whats this about?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Whats this about?

I'm not sure, but I think it rhymes with "brass faction mawsuit."

#20 7 years ago

I find it hard to believe he had much of anything that people would buy during that period. All the WB stuff. Maybe a dozen machines. The rest wouldn't burn

#21 7 years ago

I, um, bought 17 machines from them...I'll PM you my address to send the funds. Thanks so much.

#22 7 years ago

So who's gonna spill the beans on WTF is up here?
    Pin-Drama is something we never see on this forum.

#23 7 years ago

i just remembered i bought 40 machines from him. yeah, that's the ticket. maybe more. lemme think...

#24 7 years ago

Look, with all due respect, if this is really legitimate, there's definitely a better way to handle the situation than posting on a public forum asking people to report their pinball machines. If this really is a court issue, I'm pretty sure the court would not be happy to see this thread.

Quoted from zippydapinhead:

So who's gonna spill the beans on WTF is up here?

Someone's gotta let us know! But I got a feeling this thread is only going downhill from here.

Derek

#25 7 years ago

Hmm. Seeing this brought back all kinds of memories of NAPPA and the subsequent collapse and I guess the whole thing is still a giant cluster. Really sorry for James. All he's ever done is make good products that people need. *sigh*

--Donnie

#26 7 years ago

I wouldn't tell for less than 100.00, ed

#27 7 years ago

james at pinball, inc. is one of the best guys in the business and really helped pinball to survive. Don't know what many of us could have done with his great products, expertise, and willingness to help others.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from perryd:

james at pinball, inc. is one of the best guys in the business and really helped pinball to survive. Don't know what many of us could have done with his great products, expertise, and willingness to help others.

+juan

--Donnie

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from theke:

I, um, bought 17 machines from them...I'll PM you my address to send the funds. Thanks so much.

Funny!

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i just remembered i bought 40 machines from him. yeah, that's the ticket. maybe more. lemme think...

No way, I know you only got 39.

#31 7 years ago

Thanks for those who responded, thanks. We have enough responses that we really don't need any additional information. If someone still wants to respond we'll still honor our offer if it's done by tomorrow. FWI, this has nothing to do with any litigation directly between PI and IPB. It is another matter all together. Those who responded were given the details, they were asked to keep it private.

I could have easily just come on the forum and simply asked if anyone had purchased any machines but we needed a way to confirm the information so we felt that we needed to compensate for the minor inconvenience it took to verify the responses (photo's et al).

To ease the minds of those who purchased and didn't respond please know there is absolutely no danger to the people who purchased machines from Gene, they are legitimate and there are no liens on the machines. I can tell you that they are NOT part of any litigation. The information about the transaction itself are all we which we are interested.

Thanks again,
    James

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

And maybe a Subpoena.

You said "supoena".

#34 7 years ago

. . . what they said . . .

addams-fam-watch-creepy.gif

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Can i get cak3 instead?

Uh, sorry...no one here cooks.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

But lots of us rotisserie...

viperrwk

#37 7 years ago

Is this part of an attempt to help screw Gene in court? It sounds like it. Can anyone clarify?

#38 7 years ago

I hope this thread comes out in 3D

colbert.gif
    #39 7 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Is this part of an attempt to help screw Gene in court? It sounds like it. Can anyone clarify?

I can clarify, but its not my place. Pinball inc is in the right here 100%!!! Gene Screwed himself, and many others years ago with his antics, and continues to do the same to others to this day.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

I can grill and use a microwave, but that's about it.

#41 7 years ago

I guess this kind of puts a damper on any hope for a Kingpin remake.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I guess this kind of puts a damper on any hope for a Kingpin remake.

Maybe someone else will get the Capcom rights some day?

#43 7 years ago

Sounds to me like discovery... as in, how much money should Gene have to pay certain bills. If Gene's sold machines, he should have cash to pay obligations.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Sounds to me like discovery... as in, how much money should Gene have to pay certain bills. If Gene's sold machines, he should have cash to pay obligations.

And if this is the case, Gene probably didnt screw the buyer over when they bought from him, so why give someone ammo to screw him over?

#45 7 years ago

Who is this "Pinball Inc.?"

What are they?

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

Thanks for those who responded, thanks. We have enough responses that we really don't need any additional information. If someone still wants to respond we'll still honor our offer if it's done by tomorrow. FWI, this has nothing to do with any litigation directly between PI and IPB. It is another matter all together. Those who responded were given the details, they were asked to keep it private.
    I could have easily just come on the forum and simply asked if anyone had purchased any machines but we needed a way to confirm the information so we felt that we needed to compensate for the minor inconvenience it took to verify the responses (photo's et al).
    To ease the minds of those who purchased and didn't respond please know there is absolutely no danger to the people who purchased machines from Gene, they are legitimate and there are no liens on the machines. I can tell you that they are NOT part of any litigation. The information about the transaction itself are all we which we are interested.
    Thanks again,
    James

Had the same thing happen to me a few yrs ago about this time of yr. Just disregard the notification you received. Standard business practice.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Gene probably didnt screw the buyer over when they bought from him, so why give someone ammo to screw him over

What kind of rationale is that?
    I saw a guy robbing a house but it wasn't mine so I won't say anything to the police.
    Those Nigerian scammers are scamming my elderly neighbor but they aren't scamming me so why should I screw them over?

#48 7 years ago

To those who responded for their generous cash reward--make sure and donate a portion of your "El Raton" proceeds to Pinside...

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

What kind of rationale is that?
    I saw a guy robbing a house but it wasn't mine so I won't say anything to the police.
    Those Nigerian scammers are scamming my elderly neighbor but they aren't scamming me so why should I screw them over?

But you have no affiliation with said robbers/scammers per your example.

So I buy a game from whatever Vendor, they have money issues and maybe cant pay their bills, I should help F him over? Whatever, thats a dick move, dont kick a guy when hes down.

This may not even be going on here, as its a secret squirrel operation.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Who is this "Pinball Inc.?"
    What are they?

http://www.pinballinc.com/

Jim makes all the replacement ramps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 3.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 224.99
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Tools
    Troxel Repair
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RobTune
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.00
    $ 81.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside