• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Casanova-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

My '66 Williams Casanova beater box is getting pretty close to complete functioning.. But one issue it has is baffling me. In the backbox bagatelle feature, there are five lanes, marked 100,300,500,300,100. They all score as they should. EXCEPT the 300 point lane on the left side usually fails to advance the ball count stepper. Obviously there are two sets of contacts and one contact on that one switch isn't working. Nope. There's a single switch in each 300 lane, wired in parallel. One wire, two switches, one circuit. The right hand lane works fine. Ball hits switch, ding ding ding! 300 points, click click next ball. Ball hits Left lane switch, ding ding ding, 300 points, no click click. Same ball in play when outhouse kicker kicks. It's one wire! What am I missing here???? I've had the switch all apart, adjusted the ball rest switches, i'm stumped.

#2 5 years ago

Umm, that's outhole kicker... frikkin autocorrect.

#4 5 years ago

The original issue was that one 399 pt switch would award 300 points and advance the ball count stepper before ejecting the next ball, while the other 300 point lane would award 300 points and eject a ball without advancing the ball count stepper. But now i'm having other issues with the stepper...

#5 5 years ago

Ok, after more cleaning, fiddling and adjusting I got the ball count stepper to work consistently for awhile again. Except when the left 300 point switch is tripped in the bagatelle. The right 300 point switch functions normally, but the left one fails to trigger the ball count stepper . I am baffled as these two switches are essentially the same switch. They do the same thing to the same wire. If the left switch didn't score 300 then this would be easy. I'm almost ready to just write "extra ball" on the backglass over that switch!

#8 5 years ago

The ball count stepper can be heard operating except when the left 300 point switch is hit. I'll try and get the lights wired across the ball index relay and see if the problem is present there. What I don't understand is why one of the 300 point switches does everything is should, and the other, while obviously closing and awarding points, doesn't do the same. I'll clean and check contacts in the transfer relay and the ball index relay.. I was thinking of swapping the two 300 point switches to see if the problem follows the switch. Oh, and there are two switches under the small ball rest. Tiny leaf switches that are difficult to adjust. I'm considering replacing them with microswitches. Although they seem to be working well for now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/casanova-bagatelle-switch-mystery?tu=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.