New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276663)

Cary Elwes just tweeted... UPDATE: not a pin, sadly, thread is done

By apessino

45 days ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1B733082-1254-4636-BF04-002205E8611F.gif
    1B927DD6-24D7-41E4-8F9B-FE9EE06E3F40 (resized).jpeg
    FEDD276B-0497-4F90-A038-2ADB7C183DD8 (resized).jpeg
    511D2DC8-CC43-4424-BB43-5389323F277A (resized).jpeg
    31098CE7-A711-4C63-AA4A-4E4A0AB156CB (resized).jpeg
    princess_bride (resized).png

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 45 days ago

Could it be?

https://twitter.com/Cary_Elwes/status/1301692605097361410?s=20

I have been obsessed with Princess Bride for 35 years... this would be the dream theme for me.

BTW this is my first thread and I would like to say hello to everyone - I was hugely into pinball until the mid 90s, recently rekindled the flame and now it is burning brighter than ever. Very glad to have found this community!

princess_bride (resized).png

#2 45 days ago

SURPRISE! JJP's actual next game.

#3 45 days ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

SURPRISE! JJP's actual next game.

Oh man... if only! I'd honestly pre-order the CE sight unseen.

#4 45 days ago

Could he be talking about the board game thats soon to be released?

#5 45 days ago

Ben Heck, Christopher Franchi, and CGC collaboration? Hmmmm...

#6 45 days ago
    Quoted from apessino:

Could it be?
    https://twitter.com/Cary_Elwes/status/1301692605097361410?s=20
    I have been obsessed with Princess Bride for 35 years... this would be the dream theme for me.
    BTW this is my first thread and I would like to say hello to everyone - I was hugely into pinball until the mid 90s, recently rekindled the flame and now it is burning brighter than ever. Very glad to have found this community!
    [quoted image]

Is there a specific reason why you feel it might be pinball related?

#7 45 days ago

Good movie but as a theme for pinball. No thanks.

#8 45 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

The aspect ratio of that pic would fit nicely on a pin display

#9 45 days ago

Have fun storming the castle!

#10 45 days ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Have fun storming the castle!

Well, for a pinball, I was going to say “Inconceivable!”.

This great movie is just one constant stream of memes from beginning to end.

#11 45 days ago

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means”

#12 45 days ago

This is HIGHLY speculative. I love it!

If it is a pinball, sign me up.

#13 45 days ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The aspect ratio of that pic would fit nicely on a pin display

Nope.

#14 45 days ago

Not my cup of tea! Goonies is more my style!!

#15 45 days ago

odds of it being a pinball license are very slim, but I think it would work amazingly well as a theme. ah well!

#16 44 days ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

Not my cup of tea! Goonies is more my style!!

yes please

#17 44 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Mostly my irrational desire for it?

The possibility of a Princess Bride pin has been rumored before, and that pic he posted has such a retro cabinet art vibe that all my pinball receptors immediately fired. I am prepared for the inevitable disappointment, but I am going to continue hoping until forced to reckon with reality.

#18 44 days ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Well, for a pinball, I was going to say “Inconceivable!”.
    This great movie is just one constant stream of memes from beginning to end.

It is easily one of the most quotable, wittiest films (and books) ever created - just the call outs and potential for modes would be a massive source of inspiration for any designer.

Some day...

#19 44 days ago

I do remember hearing about 6 months or so ago a rumor that a Princess Bride pin was coming down the pipe. I can't for the life of me remember who was supposed to be the manufacturer or any other details.

#20 44 days ago

There needs to be some new back box toy that interacts with the game for the cliffs of insanity

31098CE7-A711-4C63-AA4A-4E4A0AB156CB (resized).jpeg
    #21 44 days ago

The bride might look like this though...

511D2DC8-CC43-4424-BB43-5389323F277A (resized).jpeg
    #22 44 days ago

I clearly cannot buy the pinball machine in front of me,,,,

This would be a terrific theme!

I know there are a lot of Jaws/BTTF folk on here, but this theme to me is a winner.

#23 44 days ago

Please don't use this theme.

There's so many other themes to pick from. Princess Bride? C'mon..

#24 44 days ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I clearly cannot buy the pinball machine in front of me,,,,
    This would be a terrific theme!
    I know there are a lot of Jaws/BTTF folk on here, but this theme to me is a winner.

Because you know that I am an intelligent pinball player and that would be too obvious. But I clearly can not buy the pinball in front of you....

#25 44 days ago

I think the name "Princess Bride" really held this movie back. The people that know it love it. The people that don't figure it's a Hallmark movie or something. I'm shocked by how many people haven't seen it and again how many said it sounded dumb by the title alone.

#26 44 days ago

I had heard recent rumblings of a reboot/remake of the movie, so would put odds on that being the "something very cool".

#27 44 days ago

Since almost no one in the world knows or gives a crap about pinball, I highly doubt it's pinball related.

#28 44 days ago
    Quoted from arkuz:

I had heard recent rumblings of a reboot/remake of the movie, so would put odds on that being the "something very cool".

Noooo. Everyone on the original cast is very against a remake. I think it was Carey that tweeted “there are so few perfect movies in the world, it would be a pity to ruin this one” back when that news was kicking around.

#29 44 days ago

Those 80s movies can definitely be remade into something better! Just look at Total Recall, Point Break, The Thing, Robocop....

Oh. Wait. I forgot, Never get involved in a land war in Asia, and Never attempt to remake a classic 80s movie!

#30 44 days ago

Cary who?

#31 44 days ago
    Quoted from arkuz:

Cary has already expressed his feelings about the supposed remake:

"There’s a shortage of perfect movies in this world. It would be a pity to damage this one."

The last thing he would call it is "something cool."

#32 44 days ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Because you know that I am an intelligent pinball player and that would be too obvious. But I clearly can not buy the pinball in front of you....

Truly you have a dizzying intellect!

#33 44 days ago

Some people think this theme is dead.....1B927DD6-24D7-41E4-8F9B-FE9EE06E3F40 (resized).jpegFEDD276B-0497-4F90-A038-2ADB7C183DD8 (resized).jpeg

#34 44 days ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I think the name "Princess Bride" really held this movie back. The people that know it love it. The people that don't figure it's a Hallmark movie or something. I'm shocked by how many people haven't seen it and again how many said it sounded dumb by the title alone.

Agreed. Growing up I had no desire to watch the movie based on title alone. One of my ex-girlfriend’s forced me to watch it and obviously I enjoyed it. The definition of don't judge a book by its cover/title.

#35 44 days ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I agree. The name alone would preclude buyers who suffer from toxic masculinity.

But hey, if the nerds can embrace Metallica and Iron Maiden, the jocks shouldn't rule out TPB just yet!

We went through this with, what was it, a Judy Garland vehicle not that long ago...

(but that one did get made)

#36 44 days ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Those 80s movies can definitely be remade into something better! Just look at Total Recall, Point Break, The Thing, Robocop....

The most recent version of The Thing is not a remake.
    It is a prequel that takes place in the Norwegian camp prior to the American camp. If you run the two movies back to back (new one first), they are one seamless story line.

The 1982 version of The Thing is actually a remake of the 1951 black and white film.

#37 44 days ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

The most recent version of The Thing is not a remake.
    It is a prequel that takes place in the Norwegian camp prior to the American camp. If you run the two movies back to back (new one first), they are one seamless story line.
    The 1982 version of The Thing is actually a remake of the 1951 black and white film.

Exactly right, I agree, if you want to be exact that's the way it is. Either way, the new sucked I can tell you that.

#38 44 days ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

There needs to be some new back box toy that interacts with the game for the cliffs of insanity
    [quoted image]

A novel take on the Banzai Run vertical play, maybe... with modern tech it could be all kinds of awesome.

#40 44 days ago

Well... Cary Elwes just revealed what the "cool thing" is: it's a virtual reunion of (most of) the cast to benefit the Democratic party in defeating Trump in Wisconsin. It will be livestreamed once on Sep. 13.

So... not as cool as a pinball, but better than many other things.

#41 44 days ago
    Quoted from apessino:

Well... Cary Elwes just revealed what the "cool thing" is: it's a virtual reunion of (most of) the cast to benefit the Democratic party in defeating Trump in Wisconsin. It will be livestreamed once on Sep. 13.

Politics - just about the most uncool G.D. thing in the world.

#42 44 days ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Politics - just about the most uncool G.D. thing in the world.

Quoted from apessino:

Welp, guess that just abouts wraps this thread up!

#43 44 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Yes - it has run its course, I am afraid.

I believed, it didn't happen, I will believe harder next time.

#44 44 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

No way...the political shit just hit the thread 20 minutes ago. Now the fun begins!

#45 44 days ago
    Quoted from apessino:

Yes - it has run its course, I am afraid.
    I believed, it didn't happen, I will believe harder next time.

Please update the title of the thread and / or ask the mods to close it so no one else has to read through only to experience total disappointment.

#46 44 days ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

But hey, if the nerds can embrace Metallica and Iron Maiden, the jocks shouldn't rule out TPB just yet!

Nerds have always embraced Iron Maiden. Not sure of any other metal bands whose entire catalog is so full of nods to various sci-fi authors, poetry, mythology, and historical events.

#47 44 days ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Please update the title of the thread and / or ask the mods to close it so no one else has to read through only to experience total disappointment.

Title updated - will notify the mods too. Thanks!

#48 44 days ago

Wont wont whaaaa

#49 44 days ago

The last person on earth I want political advice from is someone who is literally paid to make us believe they are someone else.

#50 44 days ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Am I quite done? I’m just getting STARTED!

Never play pinball with a Sicilian when death is on the line!

1B733082-1254-4636-BF04-002205E8611F.gif
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Judge Dredd Translite Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    £ 20.00
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside