Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

carrie d (resized).jpg
    carrie c (resized).jpg
    carrie a (resized).jpg
    carrie b (resized).jpg
    carrie fisher star wars (resized).jpg
    carrie fisher george lucas (resized).jpg
    Carrie-swimsuit (resized).jpg
    Debbie& Carrie (resized).jpg
    debbie_reynolds_hq_0-7 (resized).jpg
    Jay-and-Silent-Bob-Strikes-Back-playing-nun-2 (resized).jpg
    Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars12 (resized).jpg
    Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars17 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars3 (resized).jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago
    #3 7 years ago

Latest reports say that she's in stable condition. Hopeful that she'll make a full recovery.

#4 7 years ago

She received immediate medical attention and those planes can get to an airport amazingly fast when they have to. So she's got that going for her, which is nice.

#5 7 years ago

She was 15 minutes without a pulse though. We don't know what other damage may have been suffered yet.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

She received immediate medical attention and those planes can get to an airport amazingly fast when they have to. So she's got that going for her, which is nice.

Not sure how close to LA they were. But even if they were 30 min out. That's still an eternity waiting for care. I think on heart attacks you need care within a few golden minutes.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

She was 15 minutes without a pulse though. We don't know what other damage may have been suffered yet.

I hope she doesn't end slurring her words and occasionally making no sense!

(I kid, I kid! And bills reports are they were 15 minutes out and an EMT was on board)

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

As long as CPR was being administered, a body and brain do not suffer much, if at all if the heart restarts.

#10 7 years ago

She's stable now, according to the news. Lucked out in a big way that medically trained people were on that flight as passengers, and the plane was only 15 minutes out from landing.

Her companion dog's been delivered to the hospital, too. I bet she's probably already writing her next book based on the experience, "Postcards from Past the Edge".

#11 7 years ago

I can't imagine what she has done to her body with all those drugs she was hooked on.

#12 7 years ago

She had a great line about George Lucas and how he owned likeness rights. She said when she wakes up in the morning and looks in the mirror she has to send him a check.

#13 7 years ago

I'm hoping she will be alright! Reports from her brother were saying she was stable but only time will tell. She has been though a lot so hopefully she can get through this!

#14 7 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/95806310/?client=safari

Here's an article posted today about what state she is in

#15 7 years ago

She died

#16 7 years ago

Rip, princess.

#17 7 years ago

You know...

I told my wife when George Michael's death was announced that at least it seemed slim that 2016 was going to claim much more.... /facepalm

#18 7 years ago

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/carrie-fisher-princess-leia-in-star-wars-dead-at-60-w457713

2016 has become a horrible year for 80's icons. David Bowie, Prince, George Michael, Carrie Fisher.

#20 7 years ago

Sad. All the news was reporting she was stable for days. RIP.

#21 7 years ago

Sucks... RIP

Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars3 (resized).jpgPrincess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars3 (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

I was afraid this would be the outcome.

#24 7 years ago

May the force be with her.

#25 7 years ago

And now a surge in star wars pins! Jk...sux yeah.

#26 7 years ago

Very said day but as a wise green man said

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the force."

#27 7 years ago

That's sad. RIP Carrie Fisher.

#28 7 years ago

Sad, she was very talented and definitely a very interesting person. She definitely made this young boy (at the time) fall in love with her with the slave girl costume from Return of the Jedi and the leopard print bra and panties in the Man with One Red Shoe.

#29 7 years ago

Wonder if they're gonna wack Leia in ep 8 because of this.

#30 7 years ago

I wonder if she was even done with all her parts for it.

#31 7 years ago

So so sad

God speed

#32 7 years ago

I'm sad.

LTG : (

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I wonder if she was even done with all her parts for it.

Yeah I read she was. I hope if they need to re-shoot something they just use some fake shemps and keep the effects practical.

Not too many form Blues Brothers still around...I'd watch your back Dan.

#34 7 years ago

I love you Carrie! I have since I was 12!!!!

#35 7 years ago

Just listed 20 minutes ago. Some people will try to capitalize on anything.
    ebay.com link: Star Wars Trillogy pin ball

#36 7 years ago

Bummed- Been really hoping she would pull through. Hope was all we had!
    Thank you Carrie for being apart of our lives. You will be missed.
    We've lost another Jedi.

#37 7 years ago

I think she was on life support stable condition.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

Just listed 20 minutes ago. Some people will try to capitalize on anything.

Just sent ebay an email to pull it.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Just ebay an email to pull it.

OMG an over priced pinball machine on ebay!

#41 7 years ago

This is a sad day. Goodby Carrie.

Steve

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I read she was. I hope if they need to re-shoot something they just use some fake shemps and keep the effects practical.

Only VIII was done filming. They'll have to figure out what to do for IX.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

She definitely made this young boy (at the time) fall in love with her with the slave girl costume

RIP,Princess

Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars17 (resized).jpgPrincess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars17 (resized).jpg

Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars12 (resized).jpgPrincess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars12 (resized).jpg

#44 7 years ago

I grew up with Star Wars and it has been there for me almost my entire life. Over time, I've been lucky enough to make many friends that have been part of the franchise (actors and other Lucasfilm employees). I know the news of this is hitting harder with many of them than it is with me and I'm quite devastated by this. All my prayers and well wishes to Debbie, Billie, and Gary today.

Goodbye, my princess.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Only VIII was done filming. They'll have to figure out what to do for IX.

That's why I'm wondering if they kill her off; Be the best move really.

#46 7 years ago

RIP Carrie

#47 7 years ago

We lost Kenny this year too...

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's why I'm wondering if they kill her off; Be the best move really.

Yes, they can do it offscreen between the two movies. Really the only practical and classy thing to do. I don't want to see CGI Carrie popping up throughout the movie, and it would be tasteless to blow CGI Carrie up in the first 10 minutes. It's practical, respectful, and a good plot device, creating a leadership vacuum in the ...uhh..rebellion? What the hell are they now?

#49 7 years ago

Why wait between the movies...blow up her transport right at the end of 8...that would be pretty sweet.
    Doesn't excite the rebellion if she croaks from a heart attack betwixed the 2.

#50 7 years ago

I would not be surprised if Leia was already going to be killed off in episode VIII along with Luke. Luke could then be an afterlife Jedi to guide Rey in a similar manner as how Obi-Wan guided Luke when he was young.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/carrie-fisher-suffers-major-heart-attack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.