I'm redoing the basement in my new place and I'm going to put pins down there. My old place had a great space for a game room --- but I just used it "as-is" so never needed to make these decisions.
Now I need to pick out the carpet.
I'm not looking for carpet patterns recommendations, rather, I'm looking for the type of carpet that holds up well. For example:
1) The pinball legs don't destroy it (from the weight)
2) Sliding a pin a little doesn't destroy the carpet
3) Rolling a pinball dolly is possible and doesn't destroy the carpet
4) Carpet can withstand some spills (hey, people spill stuff)
5) Carpet is still comfy to walk on in socks (or bare feet)
I want to have some knowledge or recommendation before I talk to the carpet guy (tomorrow). Nylon, Polyester, Olefin, etc.
And then there's the carpet pad.
Anyone have insight to offer?
My old place had carpet that was very short --- my wife said it was some inexpensive builder carpet. It did work well for rolling the pinball dolly.