6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NinJaBooT
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

large.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I know their are pin footies. Anyone have any other great ideas as I don't like the wood look.

#2 6 years ago

i use the self adhesive carpet sliders - forget the exact size but the are same size as the foot of the leg - make moving the machines around a breeze too!

amazon.com link »

#3 6 years ago

moving men (furniture sliders)

#4 6 years ago

I got my 5in. diameter sliders at Home Depot. Nice thick rubber pad that the pin feet rest on and the plastic is thick so it spreads the weight very well. I think they were $8.95 for a package of 8. I bought them for all my games.

#5 6 years ago

I have really cheap sliders under a few of mine. I need to get more and better ones. The really cheap ones crack after while. They really make moving pins around the room easy, and keep the "carpet divots" to a minimum.

#6 6 years ago

Furniture sliders. There is a size that nearly perfectly fits the bottoms of the legs and they work great. Just pop them on. Available at Home Depot.

#7 6 years ago

I have magic sliders under all of mine. Been under them for 4 years now, no problems with them.

#8 6 years ago

I also use the furniture sliders from Home Depot - fit the feet perfectly.

#9 6 years ago

the magic sliders rock. far better than the other slider options I've tried.

#10 6 years ago

Great idea.

I have some rubber and plastic footies that bought online (Marco etc..) and they make the machine "stick" to my laminate floor. I don't like it. Would love a way to be able to nudge and move the machines without feeling like the legs are going to snap off.

What size Magic Sliders?

#12 6 years ago

Thanks guys!

You saved me a ton vs. what I was going to spend! Great help!!!

Made it easier and I saved so much I just made a donation to Pinside!!!

#13 6 years ago

On carpet I put nothing at all.

#14 6 years ago

These are all you need. They are phenomenal on carpet and any surface really.
    I can slide my games around with one hand. No more tearing, scratching, rattling... nothing! best $7 you'll ever spend.
    My buddies and I did a bulk order about a month ago and got them for even less.
    The material feels like kevlar and is super smooth and won't harm any surface.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LL25-EZG

large.jpg

#15 6 years ago

It really depends if you like slide saves or not. I don't, and most people I play with don't. That being said, I use nothing on carpet and casters (Pin-Butts) on hard surfaces. This way you can nudge and slap save without the machine sliding. Most tournaments are set up this way including PAPA and Pinburgh.

#16 6 years ago

Yeah, the slide saves feel like cheating. On the other hand, you'll mess up the carpet if you don't use some type of protector.

#17 6 years ago

Pin-butts for me....nothing else. They come in an array of colors and look/feel good on any surface

#18 6 years ago

Even with the levelers I posted above, you're not doing slide-saves on carpet. They do sink in a bit... but it makes movign and general maintenance a breeze... not to mention saving your carpet. It's also the best looking solution IMO.

#19 6 years ago

For cheap carpet protection I go to home depot and get free 4x4 samples of their heavy duty carpet in a similar color.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

It really depends if you like slide saves or not. I don't, and most people I play with don't. That being said, I use nothing on carpet and casters (Pin-Butts) on hard surfaces. This way you can nudge and slap save without the machine sliding. Most tournaments are set up this way including PAPA and Pinburgh.

+1 Slide saves make it too easy to save STDM I find, and I hate pushing the machine around with slap saves and hard nudges. I like it to stay planted.

I have improved my play significantly since sticking my machines to my floor with PinButts. No more slide saves, but on any machine that I can slide save on i can almost play indefinitely if the tilt isnt super tight.

#21 6 years ago

I got the Magic Sliders at Menards. There is one model, a 2 3/8" that is "cupped" and is all but an exact fit for the feet. It's #04600. No adhesive and doesn't fall off.

#22 6 years ago

I've got pin-butts. I like to color-match with the cabinet. also sliders are totally cheating!

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I got the Magic Sliders at Menards. There is one model, a 2 3/8" that is "cupped" and is all but an exact fit for the feet. It's #04600. No adhesive and doesn't fall off.

Thank you!

#24 6 years ago

I use these on carpet - leg levelers fit in them nicely. They are clear so they aren't really noticeable. And the teeth establish a good foothold in the carpet so the machine doesn't slide around when you're playing.

ebay.com link » Carpet Protectors Rug Mat Sofa Settee Chair Furniture Table Legs Get 4 Free

#25 6 years ago

As said, the furniture sliders from Home Depot, Meijers, Wallmart or whatever. But I found that they eventually cave in the middle quite a bit, so I buy two sets and tear the foam out of one and use them double thick on the plastic layers. It seems to help a bit with the carpet indents but still allows you to slide them around for moving purposes. I'm sure there are even better ways out there to make them more perfect.

#26 6 years ago

I use a blanket it cuts down on the rug burn...

#27 6 years ago

The furniture sliders look better than what I've been using... Old Magic The Gathering cards ^_^

#28 6 years ago

The 60 mil Magic Sliders are perfect for carpets, it is like they were made for pinball machines and carpet.

It's like chocolate meets peanut butter all over again.

#29 6 years ago

Not sure why you would want your games to easily slide around on the carpet, except when you actually want to move them for maintenance or something like that. Seems like you'd be nudging the legs into the baseboards a lot.

#30 6 years ago

I have color matched Pin-Butts under mine. I had the black rubber ones before, and they leave a black smudge on the carpet after they are removed...not so with Pin-Butts.

Phoebe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 12.00
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 109.99
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside