On to mixer #4. Finally! This one was tougher. There are 19 wires attached to the wiring disc and that requires the use of a lug bar to handle them all. The schematic locations for this one are at I-32 through I-34, I-29 and G-29, mostly in the same area. There's a mass of wires on this thing, and I get a bit nervous moving them around randomly if I don't have to. With my luck I'd pull something out and screw the whole thing up. So I decided to approach it by identifying the wires from the rivet side again and then flip the chart over so the wiring side gets posted. I started by cutting circuits that could give false reads again. For this one it meant isolating the A wiper sets on the green, red and yellow disks. After doing that, the only make I had on the lugs was "D" and "F". The schematic shows this at location G-29, and the continuity was caused through the select before 5th on the trip bank. Tripping that relay set opened the switch and the tester could be used for wire locations. After spending a few hours carefully going about that task, I had a blueprint with a few holes, i.e. rivets without a wire attribution. At this point, I turned to the wiring side and visually inspected to make sure I was correct, and confirmed that. This was tougher than it sounds as a few of the empty rivets were really hard to get to but a bit of patience paid off. The only thing left was to determine which wire was which, and that was pretty easy since they only trace to the three score discs except for one wire going to the extra ball trip #1 and one to the CU cam #7. So here is the final mixer #4 diagram as mapped.
There is an error in the Carnival Queen manual. On the red score unit lug 3 from the top left should read 10-8, and lug 4 should read 98-7. The documentation has them reversed.
After I completed the blueprint I checked my work against the posted documentation for mixer 4 on County Fair to see what, if anything, was different. There's a change in the handling of the D and F wires, they added another more complex circuit through mixer 2 to get to the same place and this is clear on the schematic. Otherwise, everything was the same except the rivet just above lug 15 in the third row labeled "15" on my diagram was labeled "16" on the County Fair on Phil's site. I looked at it again to confirm and the "15" is correct for the Carnival Queen.
As you can see in the photo of the mixer itself, wire 75-5 was disconnected from the lug. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose, but the end result was mixer #4 relay would not power and the game would have granted features and extra balls easier than normally expected. I know no one owned this game but an operator before me because I know its history, so that was sort of odd.
I haven't decided what to do, if anything, about mixer #3 yet. The documentation posted shows a shop engineering drawing, so I am inclined to believe it's correct and just move on.
Big kudos to Phil H, after going through this exercise I have way more appreciation for the effort he's put into helping all of us.
Mixer 4 Wipers (resized).jpg
Mixer 4 detached wire (resized).jpg
Mixer 4 Wiring (resized).jpg
Mixer 4 Draft.pdf