(Topic ID: 93371)

Caribbean Cruise Cocktail Pinball - Where are they?

By Rustyck

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150707_170706.jpg
IMG_1783-702.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1908-504.JPG
IMG_1790-326.JPG
IMG_1907-682.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

Although it's no longer on my "must buy" list, I wouldn't mind one day owning a Caribbean Cruise. I had a ton of fun playing it on a cruise ship in the late 90s. Huge surprise to find it there.

I regret not being willing to drive for the NIB one I was offered about four years ago now for $500. Would have been a neat experience.

4 months later
#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That will never happen. These things were bombs left right and center. It's amazing there were as many made as there were.

The one thing that I think might be a possibility is a game like Safe Cracker. You're absolutely right that it was a bomb on location, but it's popular enough in the secondary market that I think we could see something like it reappear.

a machine without a head I don't expect to see at all, unless some boutique builder goes crazy and builds a head-to-head machine.

2 years later
#80 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I played a really nice CC for the first time the other day... those of you looking for one, beware - the game is far, far too easy... I rolled it twice (230M) and that was after pretty much flubbing away the last couple balls out of boredom. Disabling extra balls is a must, and hopefully there's a way to reduce multiball award frequency. Or you could install 2" flippers....

You can set it up difficult if you want. Mine is brutally hard, and I can't get close to rolling it.

1 week later
#87 6 years ago

A surprising number of these are HUO because they simply didn't sell back in the day for whatever reason. And I mean that, I wonder why not - they seem like something that fills a niche perfectly, and they were decent enough I would have expected them to earn, but I guess not...

Anyway, as recently as about 10 years ago, I know of people who had multiple of each NIB in warehouses and they were being sold for around $400 apiece. I regret not buying them both then, but as that one on eBay not selling for $999 shows, they simply don't have that much demand.

#90 6 years ago

I don't get what you mean? When they were they were originally released they were marketed to homeowners to start their own routes? That's the first I've heard of that, and if that's right, yeah, that's nuts.

When they were selling so cheap, they were held by a couple groups who had bought out the remaining inventory, but I didn't see them marketing to the home.

#93 6 years ago

Wow, awesome. Learn something new every day.

And yeah, that's absurd. If I was going to start a simple route, I would use a simple arcade video game, not my first freaking pinball machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/caribbean-cruise-cocktail-pinball-where-are-they?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.