(Topic ID: 93371)

Caribbean Cruise Cocktail Pinball - Where are they?

By Rustyck

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150707_170706.jpg
IMG_1783-702.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1908-504.JPG
IMG_1790-326.JPG
IMG_1907-682.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider annointed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

I have both and actually like the layout and music of Night Moves more. Caribbean Cruise is also too generous with awarding multiball when you hit the saucer (unless there is a setting to change this that I'm not aware of, but I could not find one in the menus). But they are both cool novelties and a nice way to squeeze more pinball-goodness into your home.

Disclaimer: I just got my Caribbean Cruise last month, and have only put in maybe ten games on it, so my opinion may very well change once I have a chance to put in more time on it.

1 month later
#31 9 years ago

Just to add to my earlier sentiment, NM and CC play very differently. I got NM first, and was later disappointed by CC when I acquired one. The layout and flow of NM is really nice. CC is still good as far as cocktails go, but I would advise anyone who has only played one of the two not to assume they play similarly.

I do appreciate the functionality of the cocktail layout (I actually use them as tables in front of two of my sectional sofas ), and guests think they look cool too. So if either one pops up for sale near you, they are worth getting, in my opinion.

Also, this is a little random, but with the increasing interest in running subs on pins, I can say that neither of these has overwhelming bass. I have each of mine hooked to Polk subs, and CC seems to have more punch, but its musical score gets old, unlike the chill music of NM, which enchants and engrosses me in ways that Swords of Fury and Al's Garage Band goes on a Word Tour do.

NM is definitely one to play in a dark room with a beverage at hand!

3 years later
#81 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I played a really nice CC for the first time the other day... those of you looking for one, beware - the game is far, far too easy... I rolled it twice (230M)

Geez, you must be quite a player. I’ve used my CC in several tournaments with numerous top 100 ranked players and have never been told it was easy. Even though it gives out a lot of multiball play, keeping multiball alive for any length of time is tough. I actually think NM is easier (and way more fun and relaxing), but I’m a scrub of a player :p

For those who like bass, both of these games respond insanely well to a Polk sub. At my parties people always wonder where the room-shaking bass is coming from. I point over to NM

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider annointed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/caribbean-cruise-cocktail-pinball-where-are-they?tu=annointed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.