(Topic ID: 93371)

Caribbean Cruise Cocktail Pinball - Where are they?

By Rustyck

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150707_170706.jpg
IMG_1783-702.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1908-504.JPG
IMG_1790-326.JPG
IMG_1907-682.JPG
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

With all the remakes coming out why can't someone put out a new cocktail game? Us collectors are packed to the gills with pins but I am sure we could all fit a new cocktail pin!
Whoa Nelly should have been a cocktail table.
Come on stern!

That will never happen. These things were bombs left right and center. It's amazing there were as many made as there were.

1 week later
#52 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

With all the remakes coming out why can't someone put out a new cocktail game? Us collectors are packed to the gills with pins but I am sure we could all fit a new cocktail pin!
Whoa Nelly should have been a cocktail table.
Come on stern!

i would like to see some come out- but dont think it will happen. the cocktail market was location driven. a place with need for flat table. just not many pins on location any more. i will certainly move mine to the game room when i get the bar done.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That will never happen. These things were bombs left right and center. It's amazing there were as many made as there were.

The one thing that I think might be a possibility is a game like Safe Cracker. You're absolutely right that it was a bomb on location, but it's popular enough in the secondary market that I think we could see something like it reappear.

a machine without a head I don't expect to see at all, unless some boutique builder goes crazy and builds a head-to-head machine.

#54 9 years ago

What if Safecracker would have had a different theme and more traditional play? I didn't really like it from the start, so I never took the time to learn the game. But, that's just me. A game makes a first impression on me, and it's rare for me to change my mind.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

The one thing that I think might be a possibility is a game like Safe Cracker. You're absolutely right that it was a bomb on location, but it's popular enough in the secondary market that I think we could see something like it reappear.
a machine without a head I don't expect to see at all, unless some boutique builder goes crazy and builds a head-to-head machine.

I don't know, some people like it, but it doesn't have legs for longevity. I cannot see it being reproduced either, as it would be an incredibly expensive machine to remake.

#56 9 years ago

Night Moves for sale in Sacramento: sacramento.craigslist.org link
Roy Clark for sale in Boston area: boston.craigslist.org link

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Night Moves for sale in Sacramento: " target="_blank">sacramento.craigslist.org link
Roy Clark for sale in Boston area: boston.craigslist.org link

wait a sec here... Let's not try and start bringing in Roy Clark in the same conversation as a great game like Night Moves!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wait a sec here... Let's not try and start bringing in Roy Clark in the same conversation as a great game like Night Moves!

I dont think you can put any Allied cocktail table in the same conversation with any other game.

#59 9 years ago

Is this a cult collectable now?

I know they only made a couple hundred of them, but most of the comments I read about this game, people are bashing it, saying it's boring and whatnot. I would think that there would be more on the street. Gotta find it~

Already got my night moves on, workin on the boat next.

#60 9 years ago

I loved my Night Moves so much that I felt the same way, I had to get Caribbean Cruise... Then I found one (excellent condition but I way over paid for it).

I was disappointed as I had heard CC was a better player than Night Moves. But I just didn't like it as much. And so it sat un-played and I even posted on Pinside bashing it a bit.

About a month ago I started playing it again and to my surprise I really began to enjoy it. Completely different game than NM with much more challenging game play and its fast. Multiball is a bitch to stay alive on.

Last week a friend of mine who had played it offered to buy it. I told him he and his wife are welcome to come by and play it anytime but it ain't for sale.

Good luck with your search.

5 months later
#61 8 years ago

I was really wanting a cocktail pin and almost settled for a Roy Clark.

Saw a cocktail pin generically listed on CL and picked this project up today for $250 in unknown working condition as the power cord had been cut. I put a new plug on and it fired right up. Working, clean System 3 boards seem like they'd be worth the price.

The playfield was in pretty good shape and is cleaning up well in spite of a previous mouse nest, but some of the woodgrain laminate was peeling from the cabinet and the bottom particle board cabinet had gotten wet at some point and is swollen and musty. I figured out that the top part can separate from the bottom, so I plan to rebuild the bottom. I tore the laminate off and plan to paint it all black. I don't care for the woodgrain.

At any rate, it should be a fun project.

20150707_170706.jpg20150707_170706.jpg

#62 8 years ago

Congrats! Great game!!!!

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I was really wanting a cocktail pin and almost settled for a Roy Clark.
Saw a cocktail pin generically listed on CL and picked this project up today for $250 in unknown working condition as the power cord had been cut. I put a new plug on and it fired right up. Working, clean System 3 boards seem like they'd be worth the price.
The playfield was in pretty good shape and is cleaning up well in spite of a previous mouse nest, but some of the woodgrain laminate was peeling from the cabinet and the bottom particle board cabinet had gotten wet at some point and is swollen and musty. I figured out that the top part can separate from the bottom, so I plan to rebuild the bottom. I tore the laminate off and plan to paint it all black. I don't care for the woodgrain.
At any rate, it should be a fun project.

20150707_170706.jpg

Haha congrats. My buddy was pretty upset it sold. He had an offer in a few days ago and the seller said that if he didn't have a higher offer by weds he could have it. Looks like a fun game. I don't think I've ever played a cocktail.

#64 8 years ago

A guy in my pinball league in Arizona has one.

#65 8 years ago

picked this project up today for $250

Wow. That's a good deal! Very nice!

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Haha congrats. My buddy was pretty upset it sold. He had an offer in a few days ago and the seller said that if he didn't have a higher offer by weds he could have it. Looks like a fun game. I don't think I've ever played a cocktail.

Any idea what his offer was? I have no idea what these are worth. I figured I could have some fun for 250, so offered that. After seeing the cabinet in person, I wish I had paid less, but still feel fine with the price I paid. I don't see cocktails pop up within reasonable driving distance often, and I think I'm always competing with other local collectors. I was surprised I ended up with it.

#67 8 years ago

I have no idea what these are worth

You did more than fine. They are pretty rare (NM and CC) and there are a decent number of us freaks that really like them.

Non working for $300, working for $600, and super nice goes up form there. Sounds like yours was a simple fix >> many of the cabs are pretty beat up so dont worry. I am guesisng you can sell it for $600 easily after you clean it up (assuming you can find a local buyer).

I am somewhat asshamed to say I paid a premium of $850 for a brand new CC not long ago but I was tired of looking and this one is mint and 100% plus I was able to pick it up to save on shipping. I also have a Night Moves and really wanted the pair. They are both fantastic game play and pretty tough.

Most people that play it sit down and are thinking to themselves that "this tiny thing will be easy" then reality strikes that the pf is half the length which means half the reaction time. They then get their azz handed to them and quickly realize it has the "just 1 more" feeling. We have CC at our cabin now and it is a perfect theme. Super fun to sit around witha group and cheer/heckle each other.

#68 8 years ago

It was me. I was supposed to pick it up tonight for $150. Just mad because I wanted it for my Trudeau collection and guy said he would hold it and tell me if someone offered more. I would have driven late Monday night if he wasn't going to actually hold it but lesson learned. If you ever sell let me know.

#69 8 years ago

I'd say the lesson learned was if you are going to only offer $150 for any solidstate game you better be picking it up immediately!

or just ask the seller what it was going to take to have it secured?

#70 8 years ago

Offered full amount PayPal chase quick pay whatever he would take just told me Wednesday was good. He didn't even know if it had boards so it was where I was comfortable. That and the mouse nest on top as only picture weren't assuring but no biggie always another out there.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Offered full amount PayPal chase quick pay whatever he would take just told me Wednesday was good. He didn't even know if it had boards so it was where I was comfortable. That and the mouse nest on top as only picture weren't assuring but no biggie always another out there.

Sorry I swiped it from a fellow Pinsider. He didn't indicate anyone else had made an offer.

That would have been quite the trek for you. It was about an hour and a half away from me. I don't know that I would have driven farther to get one.

Luckily the coin door was open, so I could see all the boards were there before paying.

I'll let you know if I end up selling.

For now I'm going to put work into remaking the cabinet as I plan to keep it in my game room as a dual purpose game/table.

#72 8 years ago

Not a problem man you didn't swipe just on the seller. I hope you enjoy it. I'll find one eventually and I drive all the time so I don't mind it.

2 weeks later
#73 8 years ago

Here are a few gameplay videos of mine:

5 months later
#74 8 years ago

I have one for sale in excellent condition. The Caribbean Cruise. I paid $1000 for it a few years ago and have kept it in great shape.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackaroout1:

I have one for sale in excellent condition. The Caribbean Cruise. I paid $1000 for it a few years ago and have kept it in great shape.

Location?

1 year later
#76 6 years ago

Hey there CC owners has anybody gotten tired of theirs yet I am looking for a nice one!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Hey there CC owners has anybody gotten tired of theirs yet I am looking for a nice one!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/55858

#78 6 years ago

I played a really nice CC for the first time the other day... those of you looking for one, beware - the game is far, far too easy... I rolled it twice (230M) and that was after pretty much flubbing away the last couple balls out of boredom. Disabling extra balls is a must, and hopefully there's a way to reduce multiball award frequency. Or you could install 2" flippers....

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I played a really nice CC for the first time the other day... those of you looking for one, beware - the game is far, far too easy... I rolled it twice (230M) and that was after pretty much flubbing away the last couple balls out of boredom. Disabling extra balls is a must, and hopefully there's a way to reduce multiball award frequency. Or you could install 2" flippers....

You can set it up difficult if you want. Mine is brutally hard, and I can't get close to rolling it.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I played a really nice CC for the first time the other day... those of you looking for one, beware - the game is far, far too easy... I rolled it twice (230M)

Geez, you must be quite a player. I’ve used my CC in several tournaments with numerous top 100 ranked players and have never been told it was easy. Even though it gives out a lot of multiball play, keeping multiball alive for any length of time is tough. I actually think NM is easier (and way more fun and relaxing), but I’m a scrub of a player :p

For those who like bass, both of these games respond insanely well to a Polk sub. At my parties people always wonder where the room-shaking bass is coming from. I point over to NM

#82 6 years ago

Here is one that popped up on ebay. Description is pretty vague. Not sure if it works but I would assume it would given the price point. Never the less, I would ask the seller

ebay.com link: Rare CARIBBEAN CRUISE cocktail table Pinball Machine only 377 were made 1989

#83 6 years ago

I saw a Night Move and a Carribean Cruise in "renovation object" state on pallets in a warehouse here in Sweden half a year ago.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

I saw a Night Move and a Carribean Cruise in "renovation object" state on pallets in a warehouse here in Sweden half a year ago.

GO FIND THEM AND BUY THEM! These things are quite rare in the states, they must be unicorns in Europe!

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

GO FIND THEM AND BUY THEM! These things are quite rare in the states, they must be unicorns in Europe!

I did get in touch with the owner 1 day after posting here, but alas they where already booked appearently when i saw them and is now with their new owner.

Kinda sad since i didnt think much about them when i stood there and looked at them, should have offered him a handful of cash for one of them, now that i discovered "different" pinballs like Gottlieb, Zaccaria, International etc.

#86 6 years ago

Just purchased a Night Moves of my very own and was offered CC as a package deal but turned it down! If anyone in FL is interested in what I believed is a documented HUO, 2nd owner Caribbean Cruise, I can put you in contact with the seller. I would have liked it but just one cocktail at a time for me :b

#87 6 years ago

A surprising number of these are HUO because they simply didn't sell back in the day for whatever reason. And I mean that, I wonder why not - they seem like something that fills a niche perfectly, and they were decent enough I would have expected them to earn, but I guess not...

Anyway, as recently as about 10 years ago, I know of people who had multiple of each NIB in warehouses and they were being sold for around $400 apiece. I regret not buying them both then, but as that one on eBay not selling for $999 shows, they simply don't have that much demand.

#88 6 years ago

I have a Night Moves and really want it's sibling CC. There's been one on here for $1400.00, but I'm not willing to go that high.

I think the reason they didn't catch on is because of the way they were marketed. They were presented as a get rich quick scheme to homeowners, who had no knowledge of pinball routing. They were offered package deals, buy more at a lower price. So Joe homeowner buys a few of these, tries to go local to bars, etc. that already have service contracts with the bigger guys. The establishment owners aren't going to step on any toes, and the people who bought these machines are stuck with them. They sit in a basement or garage for who know how long, and now we see them up for sale.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

I have a Night Moves and really want it's sibling CC. There's been one on here for $1400.00, but I'm not willing to go that high.
I think the reason they didn't catch on is because of the way they were marketed. They were presented as a get rich quick scheme to homeowners, who had no knowledge of pinball routing. They were offered package deals, buy more at a lower price. So Joe homeowner buys a few of these, tries to go local to bars, etc. that already have service contracts with the bigger guys. The establishment owners aren't going to step on any toes, and the people who bought these machines are stuck with them. They sit in a basement or garage for who know how long, and now we see them up for sale.

They were asking less than that for both. I would have loved to do it but I simply don't have space for 2 cocktails.

#90 6 years ago

I don't get what you mean? When they were they were originally released they were marketed to homeowners to start their own routes? That's the first I've heard of that, and if that's right, yeah, that's nuts.

When they were selling so cheap, they were held by a couple groups who had bought out the remaining inventory, but I didn't see them marketing to the home.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

This is a correct statement here. These were marketed to people like bar-owners / business owners with no expressed warranty through the retailer. When the owner bought 3 or more there was a price break so they would buy a few put them in locations and usually keep one for themselves. They never saw a true market of operators due to the clientele that they were intended for and more so who was marketing them. Generally speaking when business owners saw it as an opportunity to make money with a game like this, they did buy multiple games, and realized that they were not making money and either pulled them due to the space and not essentially paying for itself in profit, or the game just plain out broke and they couldn't fix it.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I don't get what you mean? When they were they were originally released they were marketed to homeowners to start their own routes? That's the first I've heard of that, and if that's right, yeah, that's nuts.
When they were selling so cheap, they were held by a couple groups who had bought out the remaining inventory, but I didn't see them marketing to the home.

Yes, watch TNT's videos about it. Todd has several videos about these as well as he owns probably a dozen of them.

International Concepts contracted the design and build to Gottlieb and sold them to homeowners at Tradeshows as "franchise opportunities"
Look at the flyers for them in the Pinside Archive. They were total scams but well made, well playing tables

#93 6 years ago

Wow, awesome. Learn something new every day.

And yeah, that's absurd. If I was going to start a simple route, I would use a simple arcade video game, not my first freaking pinball machine.

1 month later
#94 6 years ago

I have both. Love them. Always on the lookout for more (and all other cocktails)!

3 months later
#95 6 years ago

I picked one up just over a year ago for $125, in really excellent condition. Guy thought it didn't work. I was stupid enough to fiddle with it in front of him and got it working. But the guy was still nice enough to sell it to me for asking price. I drove away felling like I stole it from him, but I did ask him if he still wanted to sell it, and he said yes. Best deal I every made.

#96 6 years ago

I just rolled a joint on one

#97 6 years ago

I have one with a broken drop target. Does this game use a game specific drop target or does it use a generic Gottlieb drop target?

#98 6 years ago

A Caribbean Cruise was just posted for sale on Ebay. $700 starting bid or $1000 buy it now.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Caribbean Cruise Cocktail Table Pinball Machine

3 months later
#99 5 years ago

I have two brand new in the box. One is still sealed and the other was opened about 2 weeks ago.

#100 5 years ago

What will you be asking for 1?

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/caribbean-cruise-cocktail-pinball-where-are-they/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.