Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RyanStl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which car?”

• Keep the Mustang 14 votes
      33%
    • Get the Model A 28 votes
      67%

(42 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1910550_590131030607_4233_n (resized).jpg
    1910375_595801776387_9758_n (resized).jpg
    1910550_590131000667_1784_n (resized).jpg
    31-model-a-ford-sedan-rat-rod-1 (resized).jpg
    stangwheels (resized).jpg
    29A2 (resized).jpg
    29A (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbub.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I'm looking for the brutal Pinside advice. I have no doubt you guys and gals will deliver!

I have a 2001 Mustang GT, so it's a V8, and is a 5 speed manual transmission car. The mustang has a decent amount of recent work. It has new timing chains, water pump, alternator, ignition coils, a head gasket,(yes ONE due to a blown out spark plug). I also added wheels from a 2020 mustang that were "take offs" at 400 miles, I've driven the car less than 50 miles since. I'll try to toss up a pic. It's a long story but I paid $500 for the mustang, another $400 for the wheels and tires. I'm in $900 and if I make this deal I'll be throwing in a NEW limited slip diff and 4.10 gears, all new parts, not installed. 156K on the stang.

I'm looking at trading for a running, driving, and stopping, 1929 Ford Model A. The car is missing ALL the interior and most of the glass.

I'm 52 years old and haven't had a V8 stick shifted car since I had a 66 Mustang in high school. I like V8's and sticks. That having been said I don't like dealing with smog inspections every couple of years. I have a few other performance parts for the Mustang that, if I keep it, would need to be taken off every 2 years for smog inspections, = pain in the ass.

If I make the trade I'd drop seats in the Model A and roll it, as is. It will never be restored while I own it, not by choice, I just don't have the money for a Model A resto, that would cut into my pinball budget! I think the Model A would at least hold more value as long as I don't butcher it. My formal training is in auto repair. I'm an ASE master technician,......... That hates fixing cars!

29A (resized).jpg29A (resized).jpg29A2 (resized).jpg29A2 (resized).jpgstangwheels (resized).jpgstangwheels (resized).jpg
    #5 2 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I would trade. that era Mustang is meh...
    You don't see a Model A everyday. With that said, if you're not going to restore it, you might have more fun driving the Mustang.

Yea, I definitely like the front of the 2005+ Mustangs over the 99-2004's. I'm thinking the Mustang would be fun,.... enough to get in trouble! I've also warned the "other guy" that I think the Mustang has oil pressure issues. He thinks it's just the oil pressure sender. I think it might be a partially restricted oil pump pickup. The other guy also owns an auto repair shop.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

The new edge body style was my first mustang and I have owned 4 of them so I am partial to that era. Those are two completely different types of vehicles and you wouldn't really use them in the same way. Depends what your goal is. One you can daily drive without much maintenance, one not so much. Unless you were going to restore and paint the model A, I would keep the mustang.

Good points. I should add that either car would not be a daily driver. I own too many cars! Anybody wanna buy a 72 Porsche 914?!

#10 2 years ago

I should Add that those stock Mustang front brakes are a JOKE. I've had stock Volvos with much better front brakes. I like my stuff to stop better than it goes!

EDIT, got the poll going...

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from ATLpb:

Stang all the way. Shifting gears is it.
    Just sell the performance parts if it is too lame to play inspection hop scotch biannually.

Definitely leaning this way......

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Move to a state that doesn't require inspections, and drive whatever you want.

Wish I could, aging parents have me locked down.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

neither
    by your description, you are not into either car
    Find something you actually want

Well, yea. That was why I considering a swap. I might to trade the mustang for something else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbub.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cargument-with-a-poll-make-the-swap?tu=Pinbub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.