(Topic ID: 252523)

Cardboard prototype ramps

By Prospekteur

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32916c8e5257b73efe13aa8f6f2e5311 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190930_200738 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Im searching for this white cardboard put together with this blue tape that everyone is using. What is the best Material for this task?
    Ive done some tests with cardboard but im thinking about better, more flexible material. Im seeing everyone is working with this white material and blue tape........what is it? In attachment my pre-prototype cardboard test

IMG_20190930_200738 (resized).jpgIMG_20190930_200738 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Corrugated plastic sheets similar to those used for voting signs (free) I find the best. Flexible yet easy to cut. Good luck with your project. Corrugated plastic sheets are available from any office supply store.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks a lot. Will have a look at it.......

#4 4 years ago

I think Jpop built entire machines(insert joke here) from something called foam core

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I think Jpop built entire machines(insert joke here) from something called foam core

Not that much of a joke; the Kiss licensing-bait machine he brought to MGC was all Foam-core. Cabinet, playfield, the works.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Prospekteur:

What is the best material for this task?

Just my opinion, but I think the silvery material used for the shorter ramp on the right side in your picture will last a lot longer than the tan material used for the longer ramp on the left side. It just looks a lot sturdier to me.

#7 4 years ago

Thanks guys I think I will just for fun test Corrugated plastic and Foam-core side by side.

"Not that much of a joke; the Kiss licensing-bait machine he brought to MGC was all Foam-core. Cabinet, playfield, the works." ......very interesting

littlecammi : No you not right in this case, have done a lot of tests today. The metallic one is crap. Ive replaced it with a cardboard design. Its lighter, cheaper and you can paint it with watercolor. When I have enough money I will buy one of these (the design is really awesome, too):

32916c8e5257b73efe13aa8f6f2e5311 (resized).jpg32916c8e5257b73efe13aa8f6f2e5311 (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cardboard-prototype-ramps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.