By 5280wzrd

3 weeks ago

Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 weeks ago by 5280wzrd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0Royal-Flush-Work-08 (resized).jpg
15062828227981406923290 (resized).jpg

#1 27 days ago

My Card Whiz seems to have an issue, maybe not. It's in 5 ball setting. If you get the white and red Jokers, and Kings or Jack's and or Kings and Jack's the bonus will score 3000 each instead of the 1000 and 2000 respectively. I'm sure this isn't correct?? Can someone verify. Green with red Joker or green with white Joker doesn't do it, only red with white. #cardwhiz #royalflush

#2 27 days ago

The jokers have nothing to do with the bonus level. They only affect the value of the drop targets when you hit them. The more jokers you have hit the more the drop targets are worth.

Sounds like you have a wire crossed somewhere.

#3 26 days ago

Right @MikeO I just can't make out the schematic to figure out why only kings or jacks and kings and jack score 3000 with those jokers down. Trying to figure out where to look for the short. It's got to be a contact, just doesn't make any since why the jokers effect the bonus scoring.

#4 22 days ago

Appears to be related to the hole relay? I have it isolated to this part of the ckt. Just don't quite understand that current flow... If I open either the contact at 3b (Mar+yel to sl+gn) or the contact at 2b (sl+gn to or+gn) it scores correctly. The only thing between those contacts and the 1000 point relay is the hole relay. Just not making much sense to me...

15062828227981406923290 (resized).jpg

#5 22 days ago

Hi 5280wzrd
I once made an JPG to talk about "at end of a ball: HOW are given 'maybe 1000 points - the violet 1' - 'maybe 2000 points - the violet 1,2' - maybe 3000 points - the violet 1,2,3' etc.".
In every position of the I-Bonus-Unit the motor makes a turn, the Motor-Switch-1A always fires five pulses --- but switches motor-2C, -3B, -1B, -4C open and do not allow all five shots to pass. See the "violet stuff".

To create the fault in Your pin: I say "Switches in the G-Relay are faulty closed (encircled thick orange)" --- the "switches encircled dashed orange - the Joker-Switches are entitled to be closed" --- along my orange wiring: The opening of motor-2C, -3B are bypassed --- fired pulses (motor-1A) can pass along the orange lines.

I suggest: Inspect the the G-Relay - faulty pulling ? --- inspect the switches on the G-Relay -faulty closed when the relay is not pulling ? Greetings Rolf

0Royal-Flush-Work-08 (resized).jpg

#6 21 days ago

Rolf, that's kinda what I was thinking. Your explanation definitely helps. I'll let you know after I check the g relay (hole relay) contacts.

Thank you!

1 week later
#7 15 days ago

So problem solved! It was in the "hole or g relay" as suspected. Rolf thank you again for confirming my thoughts on this by walking through the schematic. I truly appreciate the help. One set contacts on the g relay where not gapped open enough. Bonus is now working properly.

Lem

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 209.99
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 72.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.