Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AS Relay (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello Pinside,

I replaced the spindle in my AS Relay (Bonus Relay I) and may have inadvertently switched a cam on the spindle. Can anyone confirm the part number for both cams on this relay? In my picture the red arrow is cam C-10356 and the blue arrow is cam C-15221. I have a spare cam which came with the spindle which I may have mixed up which is cam C-15658.

My issue is when scoring any combination of bonus points the bonus count skips the first (1 pair) and sometimes second (2 pair) bonuses. sometimes it skips even the third bonus (3 Queens) and starts at 4th arrow bonus. This is random but rarely, but occasionally begins at bonus one and counts all 5 arrows/bonuses.

I just want to confirm that the correct cams are on my AS relay as a starting point.

I've read through the following post and this is similar with good information but not quite what my Card Whiz is doing...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-royal-flush-bonus-issue-as-relay

Does anyone have a Gottlieb parts catalog to verify the correct cams?

AS Relay (resized).jpgAS Relay (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

The Royal Flush manual calls for a ratchet and cam assembly part number A-15659.
The parts catalog says that that assembly has a C-15221 cam on the left and a C-15658 cam on the right.

Watching the cams work their switches have a repeating pattern of 5 steps:
- both switches open
- right side closed
- right side closed
- right side closed
- both sides closed

which makes sense if you think about how the bonus is counted.

/Mark

#3 4 years ago

Thank you Mark, now the correct cam is in place, and yes it does repeat the pattern. I still get skipping of bonus points and that must be the the wiper/AS relay adjustments. Under manual control the relay seems good but when in game operation the wiper skips over positions randomly. I will once again inspect and adjust the AS relay per the Gottlieb instructions.

I've checked this thread as resolved, thank you for your input.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/card-whiz-royal-flush-bonus-as-relay-cams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.