(Topic ID: 239333)

Card Whiz: Correct Position of the 2C Switch Dog?

By BleacherBum

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Royal Flush Card Whiz score motor switch dog chart (resized).jpg
Royal Flush score motor switch dog chart (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Would a Card Whiz owner please confirm the correct position (S or L) for the switch dog at 2C? I cannot find this information on the schematics or the manual. Mine is currently at the S position. I am having what appears to be a timing issues. The previous owner did mention he had worked on the motor.

Thanks,
Phil

P.S. If it is not too much trouble, while your at it would you also share the Switch Dog S or L position at 1C,1A, and 4C. Much appreciated!

#2 5 years ago

This is from the Royal Flush schematic:
Royal Flush score motor switch dog chart (resized).jpgRoyal Flush score motor switch dog chart (resized).jpg
The Card Whiz schematic probably has the same table but I'd double check.

Now I'm curious. What's up with the switches in positions/columns B and D? Do they use a non-adjustable switch dog?

/Mark

#3 5 years ago

Curious, Card Whiz doesn't have the switch dog info. I wonder why.
Royal Flush Card Whiz score motor switch dog chart (resized).jpgRoyal Flush Card Whiz score motor switch dog chart (resized).jpg
Otherwise they appear to be very similar even though Royal Flush has a few more switches.

For those who aren't familiar, the numbers in the boxes represent the number and types of switches at each position around the score motor. 'A' switches are normally open. 'B' switches are normally closed. So in position 4B for example both games have (1A, 1B) 1 normally open and 1 normally closed switch.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks Mark for the response; much appreciated. The Royal Flush table is helpful as well as your explanation.

Phil

#5 5 years ago

Turns out the @C switch dog was in to wrong position. The correct position for the Card Whiz 2C switch dog is L.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/card-whiz-correct-position-of-the-2c-switch-dog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.