(Topic ID: 147233)

Card Whiz. After last ball it adds points and gives extra ball

By Zeusophobia

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Sometimes after the end of game, it adds like 20,000 or so points and shoots out an extra ball. If I play this extra ball it gives me way too many points when I hit something.

#2 8 years ago

is your last ball relay kicking in for last ball? last ball relay energized off of the player unit, one set of wipers does ball in play, 10 sequential spots on the disk. 2nd set of wipers will energize last ball, 2 spots/rivets at 3rd ball, 2 spots/rivets at 5th ball. Sometimes wiper not making good contact.

Ken

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

is your last ball relay kicking in for last ball? last ball relay energized off of the player unit, one set of wipers does ball in play, 10 sequential spots on the disk. 2nd set of wipers will energize last ball, 2 spots/rivets at 3rd ball, 2 spots/rivets at 5th ball. Sometimes wiper not making good contact.
Ken

I have no idea what a wiper is, but I just started poking stuff on the last ball relay and it seems to be working better for the moment.

#4 8 years ago

The player unit is the big stepper in the head...

#5 8 years ago

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

Scroll down a bit and you'll see the player unit for your machine. Scroll down a bit more and you'll see how to clean it. My first pinball project was a Royal Flush, and this is the first thing I learned how to clean.

#6 8 years ago

See if the Game Over relay ('Q') is energizing after the last ball. When it energizes, switches on it need to open to deactivate the playfield and prevent the next ball from being kicked out.

If 'Q' isn't energizing, then need to debug that path.

If 'Q' is energizing, then check the switches there to make sure they're opening correctly. Tighten the switch stacks too.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

See if the Game Over relay ('Q') is energizing after the last ball. When it energizes, switches on it need to open to deactivate the playfield and prevent the next ball from being kicked out.
If 'Q' is energizing, then check the switches there to make sure they're opening correctly. Tighten the switch stacks too.

I tightened the screws and put the switches closer together. Seems to be working. Thanks!

I've been dealing with this problem on and off for weeks. Every time I think I fixed it, it unfixes its self. I'm praying to god this is the permanent fix.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

At least I know it has something to do with the game over relay, but it only worked for two games, then went back to not working at all.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Zeusophobia:

At least I know it has something to do with the game over relay, but it only worked for two games, then went back to not working at all.

It all depends on whether Q is energizing or not, when the problem occurs. That determines which direction to debug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/card-whiz-after-last-ball-it-adds-points-and-gives-extra-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.