1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

John you can do this yourself if you show up to court in GA, trust me I know.
Go in, the judge lets you talk to the DA when you plead. They will reduce it to 14 over and take your money. No points, not reported, easy peasy. and save $400!
Or, just be nice to the cop and he'll lower it for you. Got stopped Monday night in Ellijay doing 77 just as it changed from 65 to 55. He wrote me up for 69.
Just don't ever get a super speeder or your screwed!

My son was eligible for a Georgia Super Speeder grand prize from the friendly city of Tifton. I told him to hire an attorney to get it taken care of. Charge reduced to the old "impeding traffic" penalty from an 86 in a 65. No points and no insurance increase. Fine reduced to $200.00 and the attorney fee added was equal to the original ticket fee plus super speeder $200.00 bonus.

Well worth the expense since the insurance increase would have been horrible.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why would you ever pay an attorney. You just show up yourself and they change it to a defective speedometer and you are done. Pay the same fine, but no driving record. Who the hell would want to throw more money at the situation for something that takes you maybe an hour to do yourself.

Example: You're a college student on a vacation during Spring Break and get caught in a speed trap. You can't go back a month or so later a thousand miles away and risk still losing a case. Well worth the Attorney fee.

Also, when I was 20 and got a 12 over
(67 in a 55 during the bullshit national 55 speed limit era) speeding ticket 20 miles from home; I went to court and lost. Had to pay the ticket plus a $25.00 "court cost" fee. Then my insurance shot up. I learned a valuable lesson right there.

The jurisdictions that offer the "safe driving online course for $200.00 or so in exchange for charges dropped are offering a sweet deal. It seems like extortion but it's a great option for those who have car insurance.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from rx3:

2) A ticket reduced? Do you mean the fine or the charge? A red light ticket is a red light ticket to an insurance company. It doesn't matter to them if the fine is $500 or $20. And how would you reduce a red light ticket? Reduce it to jaywalking? Not here in CA.

In my Georgia example, the 21 over speeding ticket was changed to an "Impeding traffic" charge. No points, no report to the insurance company.

Had the same thing in Michigan and Nevada. Take the online "course" and the speeding ticket is changed to impeding traffic with no points nor insurance company notification.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For some reason Ohio is the gold standard around these states. Don;t know if it's worth all the Troopers on the highways though; fuck those guys

Best ticket ever for me was in Maumee, Ohio; 91 in a 55. 1981 when the national speed limit was 55.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/car-insurance-inquiry-speeding-points-on-record-impact?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.