1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

In Georgia 10+ over speed limit gets you a fine but you only get points for 14/15 over speed limit. I had a ticket 15 over limit so I paid an attorney that specializes in speeding tickets $400 to go to court. He had the ticket dismissed but I had to pay a court fee equal to the ticket $. The court fee isn’t reported to dmv so no points.

John you can do this yourself if you show up to court in GA, trust me I know.

Go in, the judge lets you talk to the DA when you plead. They will reduce it to 14 over and take your money. No points, not reported, easy peasy. and save $400!

Or, just be nice to the cop and he'll lower it for you. Got stopped Monday night in Ellijay doing 77 just as it changed from 65 to 55. He wrote me up for 69.

Just don't ever get a super speeder or your screwed!

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

My son was eligible for a Georgia Super Speeder grand prize from the friendly city of Tifton.

Tifton is notorious for speeding tix! I think they make all their money off the ATL folks heading to Disney.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

IL is the one that drives slow. As soon as I cross the boarder. There is someone going EXACTly the speed limit or 5 under on the road. On the hwy, you guys drive nice and fast and move your ass. But on any of the regular roads, you guys drive like your 100 years old.

Maybe it’s because the locals know where the potholes are.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/car-insurance-inquiry-speeding-points-on-record-impact?tu=black_knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.