1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SterlingRush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 1 year ago

I guess my only question would be, why do you feel the need to be going 90mph? If an actual emergency situation, I get it, anything else, there is literally no reason for it.

If in a rush, leave earlier then. There is no reason, to put you, or anyone else’s life in danger, just because someone wants to get somewhere 30 seconds faster.

Not saying this is you, heck not even saying I’m a saint(had my learning curve at a young age), this is to anyone in general. Getting home to my wife and kids each day, is my absolute top priority. Nothing else will be above that. Doesn’t matter what everyone else around you is doing, you can only control you. There’s always consequences for one’s actions. Either do the best you can to avoid those scenarios, or don’t complain if the person can’t show discipline and responsibility.

With that said, younger years set me on my path I follow now. With following the law and being mindful of my driving over the years, our insurance has been doable. It’s never going to be cheap, that will never change. Don’t put yourself in those scenarios, and you generally won’t have to worry about the aftermath. All you can do now, is adjust your thinking to driving, and give it time. Much like building credit, you have to show a long history of no issues, before you start getting the additional benefits. Penalties suck, but they are also a life lesson.

As for rates, we’ve been pretty happy with State Farm. All of cars, house, and misc under one policy, and I think we’re under $200/month. We even get refunds from them yearly, if our charges were higher that what should have been.

As for driving records, it’s always been 3 years for DMV, and 5 years for any insurance I’ve had throughout the years. My driving record also affects my job, so yet another reason I stay within the limits.

Sucks about the price hike on you, wish you the best finding a solution to the issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SterlingRush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/car-insurance-inquiry-speeding-points-on-record-impact?tu=SterlingRush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.