5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190327-101052_Chrome (resized).jpg
    AD24D334-A4AD-4C2F-9163-9401CBCD0B1C.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190326-191306_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I am thinking about swapping out the captive ball in Metallica, but cant get that original ball out. How do you remove it so you can replace it? Thinking on putting a orange glow ball in there so dont get magnetized like the pinball in photo close to magnet. Anyone done the swap? How you do it? That ball appears stuck into the wireform, and wont budge .

Screenshot_20190326-191306_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190326-191306_Gallery (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

The bottom plate is a separate piece. The wireform has threaded rods that go through the plate and protrude below the playfield. Remove the nuts from those two posts (not the third one in the middle) to slide the wireform up and free the ball.

#3 5 years ago

A picture’s worth a thousand words.
    AD24D334-A4AD-4C2F-9163-9401CBCD0B1C.jpegAD24D334-A4AD-4C2F-9163-9401CBCD0B1C.jpeg

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

A picture’s worth a thousand words.
    [quoted image]

It sure is. Thanks yancy.

#5 5 years ago

I got the idea from this photo.
    Plus, withcaptive ball close to magnet sometimes the ball in play will stick to the pinball in captive.

Screenshot_20190327-101052_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190327-101052_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #6 5 years ago

The glow ball might start look banged up after not that many games though. The finish on those balls gets marked up really fast. I used a glow ball in Mustang, but replaced the free moving ball in the area behind the captive ball instead of the captive ball. I also used them for a Viper Night Driving as gameplay balls and they started looking pretty bad after a short while.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.