7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7d4d30d606816855d2a4c19acae1eaad2596e38d_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spider3582.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

My Captain Kid just shocked the shit from me . Even with the power switch off, I had to pull the plug! I bought it last week and played it many times. Can't find no bare wires. Thank God it didn't happen to my wife or kid. The coin door felt like 110 volts. Funny thing is I have been playing it for a week. Anybody else have this problem. I'm scared to touch it.

#6 7 years ago

This is a gun game just in case not a Pinball. Cord is old and doesn't have a ground . Will replace but family has been playing this for a week

7d4d30d606816855d2a4c19acae1eaad2596e38d_(resized).jpg7d4d30d606816855d2a4c19acae1eaad2596e38d_(resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the quick response men I appreciate it. Looks like there is 50 volts going to the coin mech on the door . I insulated all wiring and everything wires go to touching the door. I'm going to get a new power cord with a ground and the on/off switch is on the neutral wire that's why I was still getting shocked with the game off . Going to switch it to the hot side. Thanks Smokey for that info.

#9 7 years ago

Yea looks like 50 volts going to coin mech but I got bit by touching outside of door then when I turned it off I thought I was safe and got me again . I had to pull the plug.It hurts alittle more when you don't except it

#12 7 years ago

Thanks I will check that tomorrow. It's strange because family has been playing it since Thursday. I came home from work today flicked the switch touched the door and got bit. Shut the switch off touched the door got bit again so whatever it was didn't happen till today. I'm just glad it didn't get the wife or kid if it did she would demand I get rid of it . Felt like more than 50 volts but maybe it just surprised me. I will check those gun recoil wires tomorrow. Needless to say it's a fun gun game took the bottom out today and cleaned it up. Plays great.

#13 7 years ago

Flags going up are hard to hit

#14 7 years ago

Found the wire going to the gun recoil had been spliced together and stuffed in there with about 3 ft of extra wire. The splice was near metal and must have moved just enough to touch it. A hidden hack job that was dangerous

#15 7 years ago

Thanks EM-PINMAN for telling me to check that

#17 7 years ago

That's okay Dr. I appreciate you for responding this game has 110 volts going to a gun recoil relay and somebody didn't do a very good splice job and had some bare wires showing well it must have moved just enough to touch the door but I'm still replacing the power cord it also has 50 volts going to the coin mechanism and I insulated all those wires so I don't know if I got 110 volts or 50 volts also the on and off switch was wired to the neutral side so it was still hot going to these mechanisms I moved that switch on the hot side that's why I was still getting shocked with the game off. People like you is why I like Pinside ,willing to help . I have learned so much on here and some of the talent people have amazes me

#18 7 years ago

I won't hold it against you being from Dallas. Diehard Philadelphia Eagles fan here . Ha-ha

#19 7 years ago

Taxman I agree with you about the moving flags . I gut selling this had 4 or 5 gun games . I know people said stay away from Midway because of the motorized score reels but this game was so much more fun than the Williams. When you hit these targets they actually move on the other games when you hit the target a bell would just ring

#20 7 years ago

The guy selling this , I guess I should proof read before I send post

#21 7 years ago

If I can get ahold of the stencils I plan on a complete tear down of the cabinet for my first restoration project, I'm just holding off hoping the stencils will show up

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spider3582.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/caption-kid-shock?tu=Spider3582 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.