View topic image gallery

daman.jpeg
before_and_after_middle.jpg
before_and_after_middle_close.jpg
before_and_after_close_up_top.jpg
before_and_after_top.jpg
before_and_after_bottom.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I've been restoring playfields for about 10 years now and just finished my 300th playfield. It was a PIA as well. This is a custom level 2 fathom field. I have 3 levels. Level 1 is just clearcoating with black line edge work, level 2 is just the visible areas of the playfield when in the game. Places like under posts, plastics, ramps, apron and what not, are not touched up. Level 3 , everything is touched up.

This fathom was beat. Graining everywhere, dirty as shit and worn like crazy. Turned out pretty good and i'm happy with the results.

After finishing it, I counted up all my approval playfields and realized this is my 300th field i've done. So I thought i'd share.

I'd update my website www.playfieldrestorations.com , but i'm having some technical difficulties right now.

before_and_after_bottom.jpgbefore_and_after_bottom.jpg

before_and_after_top.jpgbefore_and_after_top.jpg

before_and_after_close_up_top.jpgbefore_and_after_close_up_top.jpg

before_and_after_middle_close.jpgbefore_and_after_middle_close.jpg

before_and_after_middle.jpgbefore_and_after_middle.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Beautiful work Neo ! 1st through 300th !

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

Neo ... AWESOME work as usual! I know I need to pick up my DIAMOND JACK playfield. Are you going to be around Saturday? If not, next week buddy

#4 8 years ago

yes, i'll be around saturday. You mean it this time?

#5 8 years ago

Awesome. That Fathom is a looker.

#6 8 years ago

Nice work man.

You showed great restraint only adding one pair of naked breasts.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice work man.
You showed great restraint only adding one pair of naked breasts.

well, I had 3 pairs, but then she came out looking like dog feeding puppies.

#8 8 years ago

I always knew neo was the one.

#9 8 years ago

for those that want to be 301. 301, 302, 303, and 304 are already in house being worked on. Usually have anywhere from 5-12 fields being worked on at the same time.

#10 8 years ago

Congrats Neo! For anyone who can't tell, Neo does awesome work.

#11 8 years ago

Been getting a lot of questions.

For standard clearcoating for NOS/Repo stuff. It's $350. that has anywhere from 4-7 layers of clear, with 3 to 5 layers sanded off during the leveling process.

Turnaround times for NOS/repo fields, is a week to 2 weeks.

Turnaround time for stuff that needs touchups, depends on how much touchups are needed, and how many fields I have in house when your playfield shows up.

#13 8 years ago

This is my pf and I can attest it was horrible when I gave it to him. I really thought it would be a stretch to restore it. Neo's done a few for me and all of them have turned out better than I thought possible. Don't hesitate to send him your trash.

#14 8 years ago

Nice work!

I've used Neo a few times and recommend him highly.

#15 8 years ago

Damn Neo. I am almost impressed.
Harr. Seriously....I have asked a few guys about restoring my Fathom playfield, and everyone says it's too difficult of a job. That looks amazing !
Hats off to you bro. Do you do full restores ? Im trying to decide where Im gonna send my I500. Was thinking Treasure Cove, cause Allen does great work as well, and they're pretty close to me. Also thinking Keller, cuz I partied at his house and he's a super cool dude.
Either way...let's have some beers at Expo Cap'n !

#16 8 years ago

Gotta rip my tafg apart and get it to you.

#17 8 years ago

I've been looking for a playfield restorer also. You'll probably be too busy after this thread.

#18 8 years ago

Love your work. Congrats on 300.

#19 8 years ago

Nice. I think i'm still under 100 for new playfields & restorations.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've been restoring playfields for about 10 years now and just finished my 300th playfield. It was a PIA as well. This is a custom level 2 fathom field. I have 3 levels. Level 1 is just clearcoating with black line edge work, level 2 is just the visible areas of the playfield when in the game. Places like under posts, plastics, ramps, apron and what not, are not touched up. Level 3 , everything is touched up.
This fathom was beat. Graining everywhere, dirty as shit and worn like crazy. Turned out pretty good and i'm happy with the results.
After finishing it, I counted up all my approval playfields and realized this is my 300th field i've done. So I thought i'd share.
I'd update my website http://www.playfieldrestorations.com , but i'm having some technical difficulties right now.

before_and_after_bottom.jpg before_and_after_top.jpg before_and_after_close_up_top.jpg before_and_after_middle_close.jpg before_and_after_middle.jpg

Impressive man....

#22 8 years ago

Awesome work Neo!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

This is my pf and I can attest it was horrible when I gave it to him. I really thought it would be a stretch to restore it. Neo's done a few for me and all of them have turned out better than I thought possible. Don't hesitate to send him your trash.

no no no. I get enough trash. Would be nice to get stuff that's not totally blown out once in awhile. Yes, everything is restorable, but not always cost effective. Sometimes it's better to buy a nicer used starting point. Many times it's cheaper to go that route than to try and save one that is really trashed.

#24 8 years ago

I have to say that I have seen Neo in action, and no one can touch the work that he does. He really is the best at what he does. Congrats on your 300th!!

#25 8 years ago

my in action is a lot different than the playfield work.

#26 8 years ago

Excellent work. How you are able to recreate the fine detail is beyond me. Hoping someday I can send a playfield to you!

#27 8 years ago

everything is just touched up by hand. This one is easier than the Phantom of the opera playfield i'm doing now. Detail work is very difficult. What makes it more difficult, is that every picture on the web, has wear in the same spots as the one i'm touching up. I found some that don't have as much wear, but none are perfect. I have another POTO field in house now, that's in better shape so I can copy the art from that. As long as I can see a picture of it, I can repaint it.

#28 8 years ago

just dropped off 300, 301, 302 and 303 off at the expo. Great time at the expo, and awesome meeting everyone. Met lots of new people I didn't know in person this year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-neo-finished-300th-playfield-restore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.