IMG_8084 (resized).JPG
IMG_8082 (resized).JPG
IMG_8081 (resized).JPG
IMG_8080 (resized).JPG
IMG_8079 (resized).JPG
IMG_8076 (resized).JPG
IMG_8077 (resized).JPG
2014-09-22 newRail.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#338 7 years ago

I received Nemo about a week ago (#2/30), just under 5 years from the first emails about it in (I think) March 2012, about when a number of the startups got going. I pre-ordered a few machines around this time.

Martin is reviewing my Nemo for Pinball News in 2 weeks time, but I'll post some photos in the interim. A beautifully made and looking machine, and a fantastic job by Antonio and team. I got a gold-plated customized version, which I like because it looks like brass

I love the accent of the Captain e.g. "Immerse the Naut-eeeel-uss". Just how it should be!

With the display in the playfield, I don't miss the backbox display. I'm still at the early stages of playing it, but I'm liking the flow so far.

#340 7 years ago

Here are some quick photos. I'm sure Martin will do this properly later!

I already swapped out the PF glass with some non-glare glass

IMG_8077 (resized).JPGIMG_8077 (resized).JPG

IMG_8076 (resized).JPGIMG_8076 (resized).JPG

IMG_8079 (resized).JPGIMG_8079 (resized).JPG

IMG_8080 (resized).JPGIMG_8080 (resized).JPG

IMG_8081 (resized).JPGIMG_8081 (resized).JPG

IMG_8082 (resized).JPGIMG_8082 (resized).JPG

IMG_8084 (resized).JPGIMG_8084 (resized).JPG

IMG_8085 (resized).JPGIMG_8085 (resized).JPG

#345 7 years ago

I took the photos after dark today, only on an iPhone. The PF is a bit dark, but there are plenty of LEDs and in some modes it lights up bright white no problem, so I suspect a code update could fix any darkness issues. Or add a couple of spotlights as you say.

I'm really impressed by what Antonio has achieved. While the dramas were unfolding for the other pinball startups, he just coolly got on with it. And he's done it! Antonio took the time he needed, and that's fine. He provided regular updates, worked within his means in his own home, fixed code and parts issues. And we customers waited, no problem.

IMO this is how boutique pinball is done. Antonio is a modern, modest pinball hero, and I'll always be impressed by what he has achieved, and is yet achieving

1 week later
#356 7 years ago

I'm still mesmerized by this game It's so solid for a boutique build, and beautiful gold-plating work, so much better than MMR in this regard, for example.

Martin is reviewing Nemo for Pinball News on 22nd. Any questions or issues that the panel would like to see included?

1 week later
#363 7 years ago

Pinball News review should be up before weekend end

#365 7 years ago

And just to add that Antonio released a code update a couple of days ago, that worked fine and adds quite a lot.

#371 7 years ago

This is easily one of my best pins now, and beautifully constructed. Plays well too. I'm surprised there are still slots to buy this! Just as rare as MG and, ahem, it actually works. Damn good price too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-nemo-by-quetzal-pinball?tu=Pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.