By aortuno

6 years ago

Stats

• 394 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 87 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1674 (resized).JPG
IMG_1669 (resized).JPG
IMG_1662 (resized).JPG
IMG_1660 (resized).JPG
IMG_1650 (resized).JPG
IMG_1648 (resized).JPG
IMG_1636 (resized).JPG
IMG_8085 (resized).JPG
IMG_8084 (resized).JPG
IMG_8082 (resized).JPG
IMG_8081 (resized).JPG
IMG_8080 (resized).JPG
IMG_8079 (resized).JPG
IMG_8076 (resized).JPG
IMG_8077 (resized).JPG
2014-09-22 newRail.png

There are 394 posts in topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Any thoughts on offering these playfields up for sale? United States source of manufacture for the playfields? I bet there are a handful of people like myself that would love to buy a playfield and help support Quetzal Pinball. It's such a beautiful piece of artwork, I'd really like to have one on display in my game room.

Great idea. I'll make sure Antonio reads this.

#352 1 year ago

Stunning!

#353 1 year ago

I want to see whats inside the backbox.
It looks f******g great.

#354 1 year ago

I'm wishing I could have gotten on list years ago. 30 machines is not a lot and I don't see guys putting these out on secondary market for years.
I would be in for a playfieldl if there is extras. Then a kit, decals, maybe we can build our own?
Like I have time for that.

#355 1 year ago

Those rail-ramps (replacing wire ones) look frigging amazing. That game looks beautiful!!!!

#356 1 year ago

I'm still mesmerized by this game It's so solid for a boutique build, and beautiful gold-plating work, so much better than MMR in this regard, for example.

Martin is reviewing Nemo for Pinball News on 22nd. Any questions or issues that the panel would like to see included?

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Martin is reviewing Nemo for Pinball News on 22nd. Any questions or issues that the panel would like to see included?

Could we get a gameplay video please?

#358 1 year ago

Gameplay video is up:

» YouTube video

#359 1 year ago

Nice vid. Good to see someone with some skills giving it a go... the nudging was pretty good. A couple of multiballs and a mode or two in there.

#360 1 year ago

The pitch of the pin seemed to be really steep.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

What was the last pinball machine without an orbit?

WNBJM and Can Crusher I believe.

I was looking forward to playing this as I believe Don said he had one coming, but heaven knows what will happen with that now.

#362 1 year ago

Thanks for the video!

Seems like the playfield should be brightened up a bit, or the screen should be dimmer? The contrast is really throwing me off.

I would love to play one of these some day!

1 week later
#363 1 year ago

Pinball News review should be up before weekend end

#365 1 year ago

And just to add that Antonio released a code update a couple of days ago, that worked fine and adds quite a lot.

#366 1 year ago

That pin looks awesome

Hope to see one some day

#367 1 year ago

Did they end up taking orders for the full run of 30? Or are they sticking with only the 23(?) they got preorders for?

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did they end up taking orders for the full run of 30? Or are they sticking with only the 23(?) they got preorders for?

Less than 20 preordered. 16 if I remember correctly.

Best would be to ask Antonio directly:
aortuno (at) quetzalpinball (dot) com

#369 1 year ago

it's a shame i had to back out. Game has always looked great, and still looks amazing. It's great to see this still moving forward.

#370 1 year ago

Pinball News overview was good. Would be interesting if all the code is open sourced .. I think it'd really help the project along. Has Antonio commented on it?

#371 1 year ago

This is easily one of my best pins now, and beautifully constructed. Plays well too. I'm surprised there are still slots to buy this! Just as rare as MG and, ahem, it actually works. Damn good price too.

#372 1 year ago

I think there's a waiting list.

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'm surprised there are still slots to buy this!

Really? Sounds like a great machine.

#374 1 year ago

Sadly, these will probably end up being less valuable than Magic Girl, and they should be worth triple.

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Less than 20 preordered. 16 if I remember correctly.
Best would be to ask Antonio directly:
aortuno (at) quetzalpinball (dot) com

My bad, I looked back in this thread and it looks like Antonio's only making 14 machines. As of a few years ago he said there was a waitlist, and that he hadn't eliminated the possibility of a second run (up to the cap of 30 he announced up-front) but certainly hadn't committed to it.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sadly, these will probably end up being less valuable than Magic Girl, and they should be worth triple.

The hell it will! To make my point, I'll begrudgingly sacrifice my own personal happiness and offer up my Captain Nemo for $50K.

I know, I know. It's a great sacrifice. And while I appreciate everyone's admiration, I feel I must do what I can to make sure that Nemo is valued properly in the rare pinball market.

All interested parties need to post a video in this thread as to why they deserve the opportunity to buy my game for $50K. I will then select a winner based on my opinion as to the most worthy. To help your cause, I will also accept 10% deposit to move your name to the top of my list. This deposit does not count towards the cost of the game, but will make you a front runner.

Act now! Operators are standing by!

Thanks.

Marcus

P.S.

While I'm obviously kidding around, $50K would change my mind. Just saying.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from Xerico:

The hell it will! To make my point, I'll begrudgingly sacrifice my own personal happiness and offer up my Captain Nemo for $50K.
I know, I know. It's a great sacrifice. And while I appreciate everyone's admiration, I feel I must do what I can to make sure that Nemo is valued properly in the rare pinball market.
All interested parties need to post a video in this thread as to why they deserve the opportunity to buy my game for $50K. I will then select a winner based on my opinion as to the most worthy. To help your cause, I will also accept 10% deposit to move your name to the top of my list. This deposit does not count towards the cost of the game, but will make you a front runner.
Act now! Operators are standing by!
Thanks.
Marcus
P.S.
While I'm obviously kidding around, $50K would change my mind. Just saying.

I actually reached out to Antonio already to purchase a Nemo and he said he wouldn't be making anymore and there is a waiting list.
He also said he would be making a second pinball.

#378 1 year ago

I feel like a complete idiot for not ordering one of these. Under $5000 dollars seems like a bargain , even factoring in that preorder was 5 years ago. Damn you Wayne / AKA the dingo ! If it wasn't for your $5500MM preorder and the almost 8 year fiasco that followed ,I would probably have pulled the trigger on this. Guess it shows that gambling can payoff , IF you are willing to ride out the wait. Here's hoping that one of the lucky buyers brings one to the Allentown pinball show sometime!

#379 1 year ago

I had to check, and in 2014 I was #9 on the waiting list.
Too bad he will only build 14 of them.
I am really looking forward to seeing what he will be coming up with on game #2

#380 1 year ago

Was looking closely at game #2... interesting to spot the differences with mine. Different lockbar system, etc.
Can't wait for the next software update. Last one added was not implemented in the gameplay video posted by Pinball News.

Nemo v.0.912
- Added more voices quotes
- Activated tilt (number of warnings can be configured in the config menu)
- Extraball present - Requires 30 ramps (number of extraball can be configured)
- Fixed error in the multiball
- Add delay between balls when starting a multiball
- New parameter in the config menu to adjust the difficulty to get the first multiball.
- Time to do the skillshot increased
- Lost skillshot with a different shot
- ball save time increased (can be configured)
- Ballsave is implemented as soon as the ball hits the outlane switch.
- Added a grace period after the ballsave is finished.
- Superbumpers are reset after each ball

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from Xerico:

All interested parties need to post a video in this thread

Video of my kitten taking a dump on a pinball machine incoming.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Video of my kitten taking a dump on a pinball machine incoming.

I hope it's a Street fighter 2.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I hope it's a Street fighter 2.

LMAO

1 week later
#384 1 year ago

Played number 3 today. Quite an experience. I felt it playing and looking like a Spooky pinball besides the fact that the artwork is much more beautiful and ofcourse the display in the playfield.

Comparing with a Stern I feel there is less action and toys (especially compared with a GHostbuster for instance) and software needs more challenges.

But it's a beautiful looking machine with a fast flow and I applause for the great work achieved here

IMG_1636 (resized).JPG

IMG_1648 (resized).JPG

IMG_1650 (resized).JPG

IMG_1660 (resized).JPG

IMG_1662 (resized).JPG

IMG_1669 (resized).JPG

IMG_1674 (resized).JPG

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Played number 3 today. Quite an experience. I felt it playing and looking like a Spooky pinball besides the fact that the artwork is much more beautiful and of course the display in the playfield.

Great! Must have been a long wait. Did you play that game in Madrid in 2012? (Antonio was there for the EPC).

Quoted from Rensh:

Comparing with a Stern I feel there is less action and toys (especially compared with a Ghostbuster for instance) and software needs more challenges.

Regarding code, I sent a long list of suggestions to Antonio a few weeks ago. He already implemented some, and is still working on it. I'll wait for the next update, then copy here what I had in mind and we can discuss what should be - or not - implemented first.

#386 1 year ago

No, I didn't play it in 2012 so have no comparison.

As I mentioned in the TBL thread I played this Nemo, dont own it unfortunately. It's Ad Jonker's pin.

10 months later
#387 74 days ago

Been a long while with any activity on this thread...so I am curious and have a question for the owners of this game. How fun is this game after having played it awhile now?

#388 74 days ago

The European Owners are the guys that can answer Gameplay questions.

The USA Owners are still waiting for delivery.

Long wait, but I am confident that it will be worth it.

Marcus

#389 73 days ago

I serviced nemo on the dutch dpo expo 2017.
Great build everything looks solid.
Some minor things like bal hang up by jet a bumper, some times display won't start at power up so you have to restart.
If multibal starts and the first ball will not make the ramp and fals back then you get 2 balls,3 balls,and 4 balls in the shooter lane.
You know its game over and you have to get the balls out by hand.

Minor things that can be solved in a minute.
Some extra light spots because its extremly dark wil do the job also.
But nice quality game fun to play.
There will be only a few build so easy to sell, you won't lose a dollar.

2 months later
#390 5 days ago

I thought the Captain could use a BUMP.

Brad

#391 5 days ago

Sure hoping this is American Pinballs next title.

#392 5 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sure hoping this is American Pinballs next title.

Is this a possibility?

#393 5 days ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Is this a possibility?

Well, anything is possible.
Id also consider American pinball for Wrath of Olympus.

#394 5 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Well, anything is possible.
Id also consider American pinball for Wrath of Olympus.

Interesting....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 989.00
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
$ 14.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 394 posts in topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside