IMG_8084 (resized).JPG
IMG_8082 (resized).JPG
IMG_8081 (resized).JPG
IMG_8080 (resized).JPG
IMG_8079 (resized).JPG
IMG_8076 (resized).JPG
IMG_8077 (resized).JPG
2014-09-22 newRail.png
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 9 years ago

Antonio, something I forgot to ask:

Will it be easy to connect an external LCD monitor?
While the one integrated on the PF is the best thing from a player's perspective, having a larger mirror image TV screen / monitor could be fun during tournaments or festivals - or help attracting people in an arcade... assuming one of Nemo pins would end in public location.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Will it be easy to connect an external LCD monitor?
While the one integrated on the PF is the best thing from a player's perspective, having a larger mirror image TV screen / monitor could be fun during tournaments or festivals - or help attracting people in an arcade... assuming one of Nemo pins would end in public location.

It is not easy task, maybe with an usb graphic card.

I think that all the pinballs will go to private collections, and I guess will be possible to play it in some tournaments, but who knows.

#304 9 years ago

Captain Nemo will be at the 2015 Texas Pinball Festival.

So if you want to play it, book your tickets now.

Marcus

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Wow, I definetely vote for a second run!

I second that

2 weeks later
#306 9 years ago

Antonio should be at home on August 1 with Nemo #001
My birthday present, 4 days in advance.

Tournament the next day, with Captain Nemo for the grand finale... you are welcome !
https://pinside.com/pinball/events/a-midsummer-nights-dream-2014

Will post pictures and videos...

Post edited by jlm33: Well, there were some delays...

#307 9 years ago

go ahead junky !!!

My birthday is in 2 days, who wish to make me a present. *lol*

#309 9 years ago

Every once in awhile I find a thread that just makes me smile. Don't really care if I am on the outside looking in, that is one gorgeous looking game. My hat is off to you for turning your dream into a reality.

P.S. Your wife sounds like a keeper!

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Antonio should be at home on August 1 with Nemo #001
My birthday present, 4 days in advance.
Tournament the next day, with Captain Nemo for the grand finale... you are welcome !
https://pinside.com/pinball/events/a-midsummer-nights-dream-2014
Will post pictures and videos...

Hrm. I wonder how much an airplane ticket would cost on this short notice.

Looking forward to getting Nemo #014.

Marcus

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from aortuno:

It is not easy task, maybe with an usb graphic card.
I think that all the pinballs will go to private collections, and I guess will be possible to play it in some tournaments, but who knows.

if they are finished in time i will take mine to a pinball event in France

Bourgogne Game Show in September , so it can be played in Public

1 month later
#313 9 years ago

While waiting for my Nemo, I was looking around on Ebay for a potential topper. Could not find anything besides overpriced junk, but I found this:

a CD from a Basque group called "Captain Nemo". Of course I could not resist and bought it. Received it today, and put it on my CD player. It's surprisingly good Punk Rock ! The album called "Korrontearen Kontra, Urpekari Bat" is 10 years old.

Not much information on this group. They have a wikipedia page in https://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Nemo
(try google to translate it). Album on youtube:

If I find a second one, I will offer it to Antonio!

IMG_2538.jpgIMG_2538.jpg IMG_2540.jpgIMG_2540.jpg IMG_2543.jpgIMG_2543.jpg IMG_2542.jpgIMG_2542.jpg
#314 9 years ago

Back to the Pin. We received this picture from Antonio... isn't it pretty?
I noticed N-E-M-O gives O-M-E-N when read in the other direction. Cool.
2014-09-22 newRail.png2014-09-22 newRail.png

#315 9 years ago

Wow that's pretty

#316 9 years ago

I expected to start assembling the pinballs this summer, but I am having several minor issues, and I can not start until is everything fixed,
One of these issues is the left upper rail, when the ball goes very very fast (rarely occurs), jump the rail, so I had to modify the rail, and is the picture that Jean-Louis posted.
I decorated the new rail with 3 "submarine's windows", but the production piece will look better because is polished steel (this is mate steel)

I added some improvement which was not foreseen, and cant wait to show, but I will not show until I deliver the first pinball.
Do not know if I'm as impatient as Jean-Louis for doing so.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from aortuno:

I added some improvement which was not foreseen, and cant wait to show, but I will not show until I deliver the first pinball.
Do not know if I'm as impatient as Jean-Louis for doing so.

But you are making me even more impatient with statements like this !!

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

But you are making me even more impatient with statements like this !!

It is just an little gift for you/my customers

#319 9 years ago

This pin looks so fresh and simply gorgious.

3 months later
#320 9 years ago

So what's the news on this pin? Have any production cabs, been delivered? :/

#321 9 years ago

Amazing looking. Here's hoping you can do the same with the software!

4 months later
#322 8 years ago

Bump -- any word on production status?

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looks fantastic.

I'd rather get a Captain Neo Pinball.

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bump -- any word on production status?

Captain Nemo encountered a problem with a ball trough. So Antonio is modifying the design to work with Nemo. He is waiting for the corrected ball trough to arrive so that he can begin production.

There are 6 units that will remain in Europe. These will be built first. The remaining 8 will go the US soon after.

Antonio has 1-2 games that are nearly 100% built and those should be finished up by this summer.

Antonio has done an outstanding job of keeping the owners updated. Captain Nemo has been a real labor of love as he and his wife have been the labor that builds the machines.

Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting my game and hope to have it before Labor Day.

Marcus

#325 8 years ago

Cool, thanks for the update! I'm not in on this but the game looks amazing and I'm looking forward to hearing more once they make their way to the buyers.

2 months later
#327 8 years ago

Yesterday I recorded a video for my customers while I was testing the pinball.
Now I am redoing the code of the pinball (many things have changed and improved in recent years), so it is an beta version, and next weeks-months I will add all the features.

The video is a bit dark, but here are some pics I took last year
http://qtzpb.com/menu/gallery

PS If a moderator consider a good idea move this thread to "boutique", please do it.

#328 8 years ago

Awesome music...nice overall game.

#329 8 years ago

thanks for the video. I think it's clever to work the playfield lcd into the artwork.

#330 8 years ago

This is a completely selfish question, as I'd love to see one in person. When do you think one might be shipped to/built in the US?

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

This is a completely selfish question, as I'd love to see one in person. When do you think one might be shipped to/built in the US?

I got help, and the pinballs for USA will be assembled in USA. We are working to be ready for the Pinball Expo (mid oct), but definetly will be finished this year.
Some customers told me that they will go with their pinballs to several shows-expo, and one will be at the TPF (end march)

10 months later
#332 7 years ago

Why is this topic dead? I would love to see this Pin. Anyone other than maker, claim to own or seen this project come through?

#334 7 years ago

When I inquired a while back about production (5 months ago), Antonio stated was "moving along".
Unfortunate, that this remains a micro production machine, and no additional orders could be received.
Fun game.

8 months later
#335 7 years ago

Slow and steady wins the race.

Nemo1 and Nemo2 are in the hands of their owners.

The US Nemos are slowly making progress.
The EU Nemos are being hand built by Antonio.

It has been a long wait, but patience is paying off.

Still don't have mine, but I'm hoping 2017 ushers in many more Nemos.

Marcus

#336 7 years ago

Anybody have any pics or videos?

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from aortuno:

PS If a moderator consider a good idea move this thread to "boutique", please do it.

Took me over a year (!) but yes, this thread now appears in the Boutique pinball sub-forum!

#338 7 years ago

I received Nemo about a week ago (#2/30), just under 5 years from the first emails about it in (I think) March 2012, about when a number of the startups got going. I pre-ordered a few machines around this time.

Martin is reviewing my Nemo for Pinball News in 2 weeks time, but I'll post some photos in the interim. A beautifully made and looking machine, and a fantastic job by Antonio and team. I got a gold-plated customized version, which I like because it looks like brass

I love the accent of the Captain e.g. "Immerse the Naut-eeeel-uss". Just how it should be!

With the display in the playfield, I don't miss the backbox display. I'm still at the early stages of playing it, but I'm liking the flow so far.

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I received Nemo about a week ago (#2/30), just under 5 years from the first emails about it in (I think) March 2012

Awesome, what a beautiful machine! Congratulations!

#340 7 years ago

Here are some quick photos. I'm sure Martin will do this properly later!

I already swapped out the PF glass with some non-glare glass

IMG_8077 (resized).JPGIMG_8077 (resized).JPG

IMG_8076 (resized).JPGIMG_8076 (resized).JPG

IMG_8079 (resized).JPGIMG_8079 (resized).JPG

IMG_8080 (resized).JPGIMG_8080 (resized).JPG

IMG_8081 (resized).JPGIMG_8081 (resized).JPG

IMG_8082 (resized).JPGIMG_8082 (resized).JPG

IMG_8084 (resized).JPGIMG_8084 (resized).JPG

IMG_8085 (resized).JPGIMG_8085 (resized).JPG

#341 7 years ago

Super cool!

#342 7 years ago

Damn..truly a beautiful hand made machine. How is the gameplay and code?

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Here are some quick photos. I'm sure Martin will do this properly later!
I already swapped out the PF glass with some non-glare glass

Looks awesome! Is it a bit dark, or is it just the pictures? Have you thought about adding a couple of spot lights to brighten the playfield up?

#344 7 years ago

Looks nice. Xerico glad to hear you are still in on this. Maybe I'll actually get to play one!

(What was the last pinball machine without an orbit?)

#345 7 years ago

I took the photos after dark today, only on an iPhone. The PF is a bit dark, but there are plenty of LEDs and in some modes it lights up bright white no problem, so I suspect a code update could fix any darkness issues. Or add a couple of spotlights as you say.

I'm really impressed by what Antonio has achieved. While the dramas were unfolding for the other pinball startups, he just coolly got on with it. And he's done it! Antonio took the time he needed, and that's fine. He provided regular updates, worked within his means in his own home, fixed code and parts issues. And we customers waited, no problem.

IMO this is how boutique pinball is done. Antonio is a modern, modest pinball hero, and I'll always be impressed by what he has achieved, and is yet achieving

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

without an orbit?

Big Guns doesn't have an orbit. I'll think of more.
Hope I get to play this one day.

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'm really impressed by what Antonio has achieved. While the dramas were unfolding for the other pinball startups, he just coolly got on with it. And he's done it! Antonio took the time he needed, and that's fine. He provided regular updates, worked within his means in his own home, fixed code and parts issues. And we customers waited, no problem.

Antonio is one of the nicest persons I ever met. He is really doing it as a side job so can't put as many hours as he wished.
Yeah, he is late... but he never gave us some lame excuses for delays, never blamed anyone else for delays.

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Looks nice. xerico glad to hear you are still in on this. Maybe I'll actually get to play one!
(What was the last pinball machine without an orbit?)

oohlou , You definitely will get to play it once I get it. There will be a huge pinball party for sure when it finally arrives in Texas.

Marcus

#349 7 years ago

Any thoughts on offering these playfields up for sale? United States source of manufacture for the playfields? I bet there are a handful of people like myself that would love to buy a playfield and help support Quetzal Pinball. It's such a beautiful piece of artwork, I'd really like to have one on display in my game room.

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Any thoughts on offering these playfields up for sale? United States source of manufacture for the playfields? I bet there are a handful of people like myself that would love to buy a playfield and help support Quetzal Pinball. It's such a beautiful piece of artwork, I'd really like to have one on display in my game room.

I'm right there with you on this one, just great looking game.

There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-nemo-by-quetzal-pinball/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.