Topic Stats

• 394 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 87 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1674 (resized).JPG
IMG_1669 (resized).JPG
IMG_1662 (resized).JPG
IMG_1660 (resized).JPG
IMG_1650 (resized).JPG
IMG_1648 (resized).JPG
IMG_1636 (resized).JPG
IMG_8085 (resized).JPG
IMG_8084 (resized).JPG
IMG_8082 (resized).JPG
IMG_8081 (resized).JPG
IMG_8080 (resized).JPG
IMG_8079 (resized).JPG
IMG_8076 (resized).JPG
IMG_8077 (resized).JPG
2014-09-22 newRail.png

There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm the project leader of Quetzal Pinball. We created a new pinball machine "Captain Nemo" and we'll build 30 units.
It's a project that we are working on it since almost 3 years.
You can find more information in the web
http://www.quetzalpinball.com

Thanks

Antonio Ortuño pinballMini.jpg captainNemoNautilusMini.jpg montajeTableroMini.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Wow

cool theme for a pinball

look forward to your progress & good luck on your "pinball adventure"

DR

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing, Antonio. This machine looks VERY cool! A lot of the artwork aspects are very reminiscent of Verne's World, which is awesome.

As a rare game collector (especially foreign-made machines), this is right up my alley. Not much time for me to come up with the funds though....

#4 6 years ago

Thanks I think it's a great theme for a pinball too. I didn't say, but it's a spaniard pinball, like “Verne´s World”.
Gustavo (Lord Hiryu) and Ruben are doing a great artwork, for example I told Gustavo how I imagined the Nautilus and he created a Nautilus that I love it.

Pre-order let me now how much people is interested in the pinball (you don't have to pay nothing), and orders will be done in september/octuber, but I know, this year many pinballs will be launch, almost like iold times, and I think it's something good.

These day I'll publish some pictures of the project: the routed playfield, LCD mounting plate, … to show the work we are doing.
Now we are working hard to be ready to do the offical launch on May 12 in Madrid in the TMAP 2012 (Madrid Pinball tournament http://pinballmadrid.jimdo.com/tmap-2012/) and then make some videos of gameplay

#5 6 years ago

Looks fantastic!

#6 6 years ago

How does the machine flow? Looked to have a lot of stop and go features, but it's tough to tell from a picture.

#7 6 years ago

that's cool Aortuno

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Thanks for sharing, Antonio. This machine looks VERY cool! A lot of the artwork aspects are very reminiscent of Verne's World, which is awesome.

I thought that as soon as I saw the backglass... I guess it's that sub resembling old Verne's travelling machine...

So the LCD is INSIDE the playfield... neat idea!! Any plans to make a larger production run machine and go global to compete with Stern and JJP?

Here's an artical by Pinball News about it:

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/nemo/

#9 6 years ago

And Stern are the only pinball company in production?????????!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And Stern are the only pinball company in production?

I'm a bit confused here (it doesn't take much!! ... I thought JJP were producing WOZ already??

#11 6 years ago

Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm a bit confused here (it doesn't take much!! ... I thought JJP were producing WOZ already??

"The only maker of REAL pinball games on the planet"

Technically, JJP hasn't "produced" any it....once they ship one to a customer I would think that qualifies as produced. Also, the qualifier "real" gives Stern some wiggle room. Once JJP ships, Stern could change their motto to:

"The only maker of REAL Stern pinball games on the planet."

#12 6 years ago

JJP...The Only Maker Of UNREAL Pinball Games On The Planet!
....and I mean that in the GOOD way....

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

The only maker of REAL pinball games on the planet

Seems like Stern are clutching at straws with this phrase if they're still brandishing it around... not sure that you have to ship something to a custoner to qualify it as being made...

#14 6 years ago

Please post a video of the Captain Nemo when you have a prototype ready. Ay, matey!

#15 6 years ago

This is a pic of routed playfield

routedPlayfield.jpg

Now we have the pinball unmounted, next step is print the playfield and then mounting all again

#16 6 years ago

I thought that as soon as I saw the backglass... I guess it's that sub resembling old Verne's travelling machine...

Actually, there isn't any traveling machine in VW (assuming you mean time traveling). There are indeed many similarities in the artwork though.....Most notably is the submarine. It looks almost identical to the submarine toy and artwork in VW. Next you have Jules Verne's bearded face between the flips and Capatain Nemo's bearded face in the same spot.

Then there's the globe/model of earth artwork on both machines, and also the depictions of divers in old time diving suits. And last but not least, the giant squid/octopus. Quite a few similarities....

Just to be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with this. Both machines have great artwork and do their respective themes justice. I'm just pointing this stuff out for the fun of it.

I'm really glad this thread didn't die like it appeared it might after my first reply. I'm also glad that Martin wrote up a great article. Small pin runs like this deserve lots of attention, and I hope this machine sells well. Now, how to come up with the money in time for the release of this machine....

#17 6 years ago

great project Aortuno,

come and make a presentation on french first's forum:
for sure U could find people of interest ^^

http://www.flipjuke.fr/post411767.html#p411767

see U

LorenZ

#18 6 years ago

Neato!

#19 6 years ago

cool site LorenZ - like it

#20 6 years ago

Man, that looks sick!!!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from aortuno:

for example I told Gustavo how I imagined the Nautilus and he created a Nautilus that I love it.

You're talking about Playmatic's Nautilus? My favourite machine in terms of art!! (hence my av).

Quoted from MattElder:

assuming you mean time traveling

I actually means normal travelling... I assumed (without looking too closely of course) that Verne's machine was a kind of helium baloon type thing... had I studied that art more then the giant squid on the back of it would have given the game away

Quoted from MattElder:

Then there's the globe/model of earth artwork on both machines, and also the depictions of divers in old time diving suits. And last but not least, the giant squid/octopus. Quite a few similarities....

You are the king of rare games Matt and I take my hat off to you! You have, in fact, opened my eyes to the beauty of the old Spanish market... and I think you for that... even more so when I finally get my hands on those games from JC!! (he finally replied by the way!!

Keep this thread alive aortuno, you have interested fans on here! Re the production run, are you waiting for pre-orders to adjust the number, or is it fixed at 30?

#22 6 years ago

Hi guys.

First of all, thanks for the kind words.
Here's a few more images of the WIP, as a sample image of the black line of the playfield, as a Making off of the Nautilus, with sketches and all the process.
Also, a picture of the pinball box artwork.

I hope you'll enjoy.

http://lordhiryuarcadearts.jimdo.com/novedad/

Cheers.

#23 6 years ago

The Nautilus sketches look awesome...for PF toy?
& the cab side art is refreshingly simplistic

look forward to more guys!

DR

#24 6 years ago

You're talking about Playmatic's Nautilus? My favourite machine in terms of art!! (hence my av).

Nautilus is the name of the submarine, but we agree that playmatic's nautilus artwork is great

Re the production run, are you waiting for pre-orders to adjust the number, or is it fixed at 30?

It is fixed at 30, if we change it, customers will be disappointed and we do not want it.

Quoted from devil_rider:

The Nautilus sketches look awesome...for PF toy?

That's right

#25 6 years ago

I actually means normal travelling... I assumed (without looking too closely of course) that Verne's machine was a kind of helium baloon type thing...

Yeah, there is actually a hot air balloon toy and artwork on there too.

You are the king of rare games Matt and I take my hat off to you! You have, in fact, opened my eyes to the beauty of the old Spanish market... and I thank you for that...

Thanks for the kind words, Lee. I'm glad I got yet another person interested in these great games. They are so overlooked and that's really sad because they had some of the best toys, themes, and artwork of the 80's & 90's.

Keep this thread alive aortuno, you have interested fans on here!

I second this! There are indeed many of us that are very interested. Please keep the updates coming. I very much look forward to seeing the completed prototype.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Thanks for the kind words, Lee. I'm glad I got yet another person interested in these great games. []

I've always had an interest in odd European games, ever since I saw the Farfalla pic in Marco Rossignoli's first book... I was hooked... I just didn't realise there was such an amazing variety of games from Spain 'till we got in touch and your enlightened me

Quoted from MattElder:

They are so overlooked and that's really sad

There's also a good side to them being overlooked

Aortuno, do you have a shot of the playfield from directly above as it is assembled in the oblique shot above? This is a CGI image yes...? Any info on the Nautilus playfield toy to whet our appetites?

#27 6 years ago

I am interested but would like to keep getting updates.

I will not decide until machine is almost complete but love the theme and artwork for sure.

Also I saw the ad says your not a coin op company but the unit optionally can come with a coin mech?

Thank you for your time

#28 6 years ago

A new pic, on left an original pic, on the right a photomontage

BarePlayfieldMontaje.jpg

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Also I saw the ad says your not a coin op company but the unit optionally can come with a coin mech?

It is correct, it will be available with or without a coin mechanism (you can choose), but front cabinet artwork is not finished

1 month later
#30 6 years ago

Aortuno, glad to hear about this exciting project. Is there any potential to build more than 30 units ? I've got some funds for such a machine, and €4500 (or $200 ) isn't that high of a price...

#31 6 years ago

Wow looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

Based on my market observations and with just 30 units I believe this title should be priced somewhere around 6 billion dollars.

#32 6 years ago

I want to declare the 1st Captain Nemo Mod - this is a required Mod for all Captain Nemo Games...

Mod to interact with your Captain Nemo multiball.....

amazon.com link »

#33 6 years ago

Wow, sweet pinball machine. I can't wait to see more progress.

Grant

#34 6 years ago

See what you can do when you use your imagination.... Nice work, would love to play this one day!

#35 6 years ago

I've been in for a while. Looking forward to it. Truly limited and lots of neat things to make this pin special, including a theme I like. Great communication from the company. I wonder how the heck I'll get it from Spain to here.

#36 6 years ago

Has there been any updates about this machine except that mockup version? Looks cool!

#37 6 years ago

There was a thread a week ago showing some videos of this pin. Go check it out. It's pretty cool stuff.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-a-miracle-that-nobody-posted-this-yet

#38 6 years ago

Cool. Thanks. Not crazy about the playfield art...

#39 6 years ago

Is there any potential to build more than 30 units

No, it is limited to 30, It is something I told at the begining and I do not want buyers feel cheated for it.

I wonder how the heck I'll get it from Spain to here.

I am working on it, a lot of things to do, but shipping is something buyers do no have to worry.

This video was made on the TMAP 2012 (2 weeks ago) Pinball tournament of Madrid, some pictures:

ptmap12021.jpg DSCN2543.JPG DSCN2630.JPG

#40 6 years ago

Love the side cabinet art though!

#41 6 years ago

As things stand at this moment, that statement is still true. In two months, it will no longer be.

#42 6 years ago

I think we can say that JJP is ''In Production''

#43 6 years ago

I saw the video of the prototype a week ago, but can we get some video showing gameplay? I know it's not finished, but even to see how the ball moves around the field would be a big boost.
SkitB did this with their Predator whitewood and it good a lot of good response... and your's looks much more developed.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

can we get some video showing gameplay?

We are testing everything and very soon I will publish a gameplay video

#45 6 years ago

)

thumbs_up.gif

#46 6 years ago

I'm curious to know how many of the 30 are already reserved now. I got my reservation in a few weeks before TMAP

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from aortuno:

Drano said:can we get some video showing gameplay?
We are testing everything and very soon I will publish a gameplay video

Cool! Nothing increases the drool factor more than a video of the gameplay.

1 week later
#48 6 years ago

new video showing: mini-games, pinball debug mode and a test gameplay

#49 6 years ago

looking so cool!!
amazing work LH!!
to bad there are only going to be 30

#50 6 years ago

Thats one of the coolest games Ive seen! Ive got Spiderman and Twilight Zone! I hope you plan on putting another version in production! I think twenty thousand leagues under the sea is an awesome pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 9.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 295.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside