(Topic ID: 177666)

Captain Kid - Rifle Gun - Pre St. Patty's Day Special!

By Oldgoat

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Oldgoat
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3056 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3055 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3054 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3053 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3058 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

Captain Kid - Rifle Gun - End of Month Discount

Added: 2017-01-04 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (February 16th, 2017) • Ended: September 24th, 2017

Price

$ 849 (OBO)

Open for offers

Looking to sell/trade my Captain Kid Rifle game. Would love to trade for a project bowler (16'), but I'm open to other, interesting projects. The game came with the stairs, for kids to use. I had to rebuild it and did not install them since they cover the art when in the up position. You can see in the pic, that I do have the clip so if you have small kids, you can install it. I restored the art, but painted black and gold, instead of turquoise and hot pink. You can see some flaking on the backglass. Everything works fine.

Item photos

IMG_3058 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3053 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3054 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3055 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3056 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Oldgoat's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Oldgoat's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Belmont, NC, US

#2 7 years ago

All four motors work fine as does the dancing Pirate feature.

Here is a thread chronicling my restoration of the cabinet... it has some more (and better) pics in it
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-cabinet-restoration-bringing-back-original-art

Of course, let me know if more pics are needed. Also, there were several chips in the 'pulleys' that move the flags up and down. I went ahead and bought new ones from a Pinsider, but the existing ones have worked fine, so the good news is that if they ever break, you have spares.

#3 7 years ago

Nice restoration and cool game, GLWTS!

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball4ever:

Nice restoration and cool game, GLWTS!

Thanks

1 week later
    #5 7 years ago

Every home needs a rifle game bump. Make me an offer, I need to make space!

#6 7 years ago

This thing looks super cool! Great work on the resto btw

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

This thing looks super cool! Great work on the resto btw

Thanks

#8 7 years ago

Wish you were closer bump

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Wish you were closer bump

Same here bump

#10 7 years ago

Exactly 11 hours away. Must resist road trip bump.

You did a nice job on the cabinet of that game.

#11 7 years ago

would love to have a nice rifle game some day but too far for me as well, game looks great good luck!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Exactly 11 hours away. Must resist road trip bump.
    You did a nice job on the cabinet of that game.

I'll pay for gas and beer!

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

would love to have a nice rifle game some day but too far for me as well, game looks great good luck!

C'mon now, I grew up in Kansas. I went to school in NC so I had to make the trek many times. I guess when I was living there, we were pioneers, hardy people that embraced a challenge "Go East young man....(and then turn around and head back west)"

(I remember thinking that Tennessee had to be at least 1800 miles long)

1 week later
    #14 7 years ago

End of Month Special Discount Bump.... SPECIAL NOTE
    THIS DISCOUNT IS ONLY GOOD IN THE MONTH THE GAME IS PURCHASED!!!!

#15 7 years ago

how much does it weigh?

#16 7 years ago

Get it Taylor that thing looks awesome!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

how much does it weigh?

Not as much as a 2-player

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

how much does it weigh?

I am going to guess 200-250lbs. With most gun games, you can remove the bottom "guts" out of it which weigh around 50lbs and move them separably. The biggest obstacle with these games is the depth. You pretty much have to remove the rifle stock (which is easy) to get them on their back in a van. Without the rifle stock, they are typically around 33 inches deep. Like any other arcade game from this era, they are built like a brick s--thouse and really beefy.

This is a good deal considering the painted cabinet and work that went into getting it fully functional.

Everyone needs one of these in their collection IMHO.

#19 7 years ago

Really is a pretty machine. ARGHHHH! Someone snatch this up.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

how much does it weigh?

I have no idea; however, as gearheaddropping notes, you can slide the guts out very easily since it is just attached via several jones plugs. And, yes you can remove the gun (Interesting to me that these games used real guns, this one has a Remington 514; although the bolt is sealed. I always wondered if the first ones did that or not. I can see a kid thinking 'hey let me put a 22 short in there and see what happens!')

#21 7 years ago

24" Wide, 33" Deep, and 67" High. Most likely around 275-300 lbs. 3" wheels with swivels are a must to move these beasts around easily. Can be loaded lying down flat, standing, or lying on its side, just make sure the gun is secure so it does not get damaged.

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/capkid.htm

1 week later
    #22 7 years ago

Valentine's Day special!... Free box of chocolates included with the purchase of my Captain Kid. Something for you and something for your significant other. Win/Win!

1 week later
    #23 7 years ago

OK, I think I have located a bowler, so now things get serious. I am lowering the price to $849. But wait!, there is more. In honor of March being just about here, I am offering a St. Patrick's Day special. In addition to the reduced price, the successful buyer of this pin will have their choice of either a 4-pack of Guiness or, for those preferring a hoppier note, a 4-pack of Dogfish 90 minute IPA. Of course, the Dogfish will include a free bottle of green food coloring. New game and green beer, can it get any better than that?

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-kid-rifle-gun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.