• 39 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dan63
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi everybody,

I am looking at a Captain Fantastic game, it's the commercial version. Seller claims everything works and look like it's in good shape. So....any thoughts on what a fair offer price should be. He's asking $2200.00 seems kind of high to me, but what do you think.

Thanks !!

#3 6 years ago

Yea I played it a lot when I was a kid, so that is why I am looking at it. Plus it's close by so I can pick it up in half a day.

#5 6 years ago

I have taken that into consideration. It's a tough decision. Can't really afford to buy any of the more expensive games. I was hoping he might take 15 or 16 for it.

#7 6 years ago

Unfortunately, here in Iowa, there isn't much of a selection of used machines for sale. So you have to take what you can get and I would rather not have to pay to have something shipped due to damage risk. Would rather pick it up myself and see it first hand.

#11 6 years ago

Well part of the reason I am looking at it is mostly to relive my childhood.

Probably not a good way to spend money, but what the heck. (I know what my wife would think about the whole idea) I think I will at least take the 2 hour drive to look at it.

#15 6 years ago

Wow I guess I did not realize it was such a disliked game. As far as the hot wheels...never really got into them as a kid, sorry.

#20 6 years ago

I offered him $1600 he said no, so I am moving on to something else.

#22 6 years ago

Yeah I'm kind of bummed out about it. Not much to chose from out here and I am. Not sure how I feel about having a used one shipped to me if I can find one I like.

#24 6 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement.

I guess what bums me out the most is, the more I look into the hobby, I see that it seems to be very similar to collector car market. (Not quite as extensive of course) Or I guess any hobby that you might be into.

You can't hardly find a fixer upper or older machine without it costing you and arm and a leg. I find a game that I might be interested in and the seller wants way too much for it. I look in the marketplace here on this site to what the going rate might be for a certain game and like I said seller wants too much. Maybe because he paid too much I don't know. I can't be the only one who feels this way, or maybe I am.

Any thoughts on that........( I'm sure someone will say get more $$)

#26 6 years ago

Hey I have a friend who has a fully restored AMC pacer. That's pretty funny!!

#30 6 years ago

Thanks for all the info. Wasn't aware you could save searches on Craigslist (duh) but now I do. Learn something new everyday. Thanks!!

#33 6 years ago

Well I think I have a line on another one. So we'll see if it pans out. Can't tell you what it is just yet, but if I get it I'll post some pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-value?tu=timab2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.