1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ballypin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9576 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9575 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9573 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9600 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9597 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9594 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9589 (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

Last night, Saturday May 21, 2022, my Captain Fantastic took to the stage at the Fitton Center for Arts in Hamilton, OH during the rendition of Pinball Wizard in the second act of the Elton John tribute concert Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Local celebrity and fellow pinsider Brad Baker, owner of the Pinball Garage in Hamilton, played the part of the Wizard to the 300+ in attendance.

Brad did not tilt, but sadly, did not earn a replay. Can't teach a new dog old tricks.

IMG_9589 (resized).JPGIMG_9589 (resized).JPGIMG_9594 (resized).JPGIMG_9594 (resized).JPGIMG_9597 (resized).JPGIMG_9597 (resized).JPGIMG_9600 (resized).JPGIMG_9600 (resized).JPG

#2 1 year ago

Setup day on Friday and GoPro test.

Brad Baker is the "tech looking" guy in sneakers. And jeans. And a black shirt. And a ball cap. And a beard. No glasses

I somehow managed a 23+ hour playfield teardown to clean, polish, replace drop targets, posts, flipper bats, etc in the 3 days preceding load-in Thursday night. Massive caffeine got me through sleep deprivation amid my *normal* midnight to noon work responsibilities. My OCD was pushed to the limits to finish amid the time crunch. A bothersome loss of the backbox GI was solved just before showtime by replacing the fuse holders and cleaning the jones plugs. I also somehow overlooked a blown 15A fuse.
    IMG_9573 (resized).JPGIMG_9573 (resized).JPGIMG_9575 (resized).JPGIMG_9575 (resized).JPGIMG_9576 (resized).JPGIMG_9576 (resized).JPGIMG_9582 (resized).JPGIMG_9582 (resized).JPG

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:Setup day on Friday and GoPro test.
    A bothersome loss of the backbox GI was solved just before showtime by replacing the fuse holders
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I used to deal with this all the time. Now, the first thing I do is change the fuse holders in a Bally game. Even if they work, I change them. If they don't get you now, they'll get you later.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-takes-the-stage- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.