By seeburg220

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6443 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

My CF serial numbers don't match. Not a big deal to me at all, but what caught my eye was, the numbers are only 4 digits apart. 10080 for the body and the head is 10084. Is this a case of the factory making a swap ? I find it hard to imagine, that someone else did it and just happened to have two games that were only 4 digits apart. Is there any past history on stuff like this ? Thanks.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

My CF serial numbers don't match. Not a big deal to me at all, but what caught my eye was, the numbers are only 4 digits apart. 10080 for the body and the head is 10084. Is this a case of the factory making a swap ? I find it hard to imagine, that someone else did it and just happened to have two games that were only 4 digits apart. Is there any past history on stuff like this ? Thanks.

Likely came from an operator who had more than a few games on route. Happens all the time.
I've bought out operators years ago that had 5+ of the same game.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Likely came from an operator who had more than a few games on route. Happens all the time.
I've bought out operators years ago that had 5+ of the same game.

Sure, but what are the odds of having numbers so close together ?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Sure, but what are the odds of having numbers so close together ?

They buy in bulk from the same distributor. They take the games off route, throw them apart in the warehouse and then throw a head and body together when they sell a game.

#5 5 years ago

BTW, what is the XO2292 mean ? Model number ?

IMG_6443 (resized).JPGIMG_6443 (resized).JPG

#6 5 years ago

One Serial number could be Bally Ser#
and the other is the Operators Inventory number possibly?!?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

BTW, what is the XO2292 mean ? Model number ?

I once had an early Captain with the letters XP in front of the serial number. I always thought it might stand for Experimental Pin. Seeing your XO, maybe not. Maybe one of the old time Bally guys here has more info.
This particular pin had no coin entrance plates or slots and no credit unit. This game also had the signatures of Greg Kmiec and Dave Christensen at the bottom of the playfield making it one of the early releases of the game.

1 week later
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

You will never know for sure. Distributor could have done a warranty swap on the head if there was a problem. They were pretty fast and loose back in those days. Same is true of operators. The game was most likely shipped from the factory correct.

#9 5 years ago

curious if it has the uncensored back glass and reversed cabinet colors?
Mine is SN# 1108 and do have above mentioned

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from mrbanjo:

curious if it has the uncensored back glass and reversed cabinet colors?
Mine is SN# 1108 and do have above mentioned

I have the stars back glass (censored). Not sure about the reverse colors, because previous owner slopped blue paint on the front. Will be stencil painting it next week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-serial-number-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.