8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by seeburg220
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6443 (resized).JPG

#1 8 months ago

My CF serial numbers don't match. Not a big deal to me at all, but what caught my eye was, the numbers are only 4 digits apart. 10080 for the body and the head is 10084. Is this a case of the factory making a swap ? I find it hard to imagine, that someone else did it and just happened to have two games that were only 4 digits apart. Is there any past history on stuff like this ? Thanks.

#2 8 months ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

My CF serial numbers don't match. Not a big deal to me at all, but what caught my eye was, the numbers are only 4 digits apart. 10080 for the body and the head is 10084. Is this a case of the factory making a swap ? I find it hard to imagine, that someone else did it and just happened to have two games that were only 4 digits apart. Is there any past history on stuff like this ? Thanks.

Likely came from an operator who had more than a few games on route. Happens all the time.
I've bought out operators years ago that had 5+ of the same game.

#3 8 months ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Likely came from an operator who had more than a few games on route. Happens all the time.
I've bought out operators years ago that had 5+ of the same game.

Sure, but what are the odds of having numbers so close together ?

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Sure, but what are the odds of having numbers so close together ?

They buy in bulk from the same distributor. They take the games off route, throw them apart in the warehouse and then throw a head and body together when they sell a game.

#5 8 months ago

BTW, what is the XO2292 mean ? Model number ?

IMG_6443 (resized).JPG

#6 8 months ago

One Serial number could be Bally Ser#
and the other is the Operators Inventory number possibly?!?

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

BTW, what is the XO2292 mean ? Model number ?

I once had an early Captain with the letters XP in front of the serial number. I always thought it might stand for Experimental Pin. Seeing your XO, maybe not. Maybe one of the old time Bally guys here has more info.
This particular pin had no coin entrance plates or slots and no credit unit. This game also had the signatures of Greg Kmiec and Dave Christensen at the bottom of the playfield making it one of the early releases of the game.

1 week later
#8 8 months ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

You will never know for sure. Distributor could have done a warranty swap on the head if there was a problem. They were pretty fast and loose back in those days. Same is true of operators. The game was most likely shipped from the factory correct.

#9 8 months ago

curious if it has the uncensored back glass and reversed cabinet colors?
Mine is SN# 1108 and do have above mentioned

#10 8 months ago
Quoted from mrbanjo:

curious if it has the uncensored back glass and reversed cabinet colors?
Mine is SN# 1108 and do have above mentioned

I have the stars back glass (censored). Not sure about the reverse colors, because previous owner slopped blue paint on the front. Will be stencil painting it next week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 9.95
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside