51 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capt Fantastic 300 relay (resized).jpg

#1 51 days ago

I've got a Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy (EM), and I'm having troubles with the "Scores 300 points, and 3 Bonus Advances".

Problem: Rollovers only score 200 points and 2 bonus advances. Holding the "300 and 3 Bonus Adv" relay down gives me sets of 2 pulses, instead of 3 pulses.

Looking at the score motor, I noticed that switch 6B on the score motor had been replaced by a previous owner, but no wires had been resoldered to it. Reviewing the schematic, I resoldered the wires to the heavy yellow wire, and the white-blue that goes to the self-hold switch for the "300 and 3 Bonus Adv" relay.

After dropping the motor board back into the machine, and trying to start a game, the outhole kicker kicks 5 times (game is set to 5-ball play), and goes to Game Over.

#2 51 days ago

I'd start by undoing whatever you did.

If the 300 and 3 Bonus relay were only giving 200 and 2 Bonus it sounds like it was deactivating early:
Capt Fantastic 300 relay (resized).jpg
Once the score motor starts turning the 11B switch (in red) should generate 6 pulses (in red) headed for the Bonus Unit step up solenoid. The 6 pulses need to get through a normally open switch on the 300 and 3 Bonus relay to get to the Bonus Unit step up. When it's working correctly the 300 and 3 Bonus relay should let go after 3 of the 6 pulses when the score motor 6B switch (in red) in its lock in circuit opens. That should block the last 3 of the 6 pulses.

If you hold down the 300 and 3 Bonus relay I'd expect you to get 6 pulses not the 2 you were seeing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Santa Ana, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 219.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 269.00
$ 49.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside