• Latest reply 5 years ago by Ethomas
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capt Fantastic 6v fuses (resized).jpg
Capt Fantastic game over light switch (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

1976 Captain Fantastic. I've successfully rebuilt all flippers, drop targets, and pop bumpers and game was playing great. Ran into an issue where the game wouldn't reset from game over and adjusted the game over interlock relay. Game plays great again but none of the lights on the playfield light. Which switch in the game over interlock stack controls playfield lights? Thinking that has to be the culprit. Beyond that, where should I look? Thanks for any assist...you all have been a great help so far.

#2 5 years ago

Probably the switch that connects the blue wire to the white wire:
Capt Fantastic game over light switch (resized).jpgCapt Fantastic game over light switch (resized).jpg
/Mark

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Mark. I cleaned up that switch and now I don't have playfield lights and a new ball won't kick out...uggggh! 1 step forward, 2 back with this silly game.

#4 5 years ago

Jumper that switch on the Game Over Relay with an alligator clip jumper wire. Make sure all Jones Plugs from PF to bottom board as well as bottom board to backbox are fully seated.

#5 5 years ago

This game has two separate fuses for the 6.3 volt lights.
Capt Fantastic 6v fuses (resized).jpgCapt Fantastic 6v fuses (resized).jpg
One is mostly for the backbox and the other is mostly for the playfield. Could one of them be bad? If not, break out your multimeter and schematic and trace the 6.3 volts from the transformer through the switches towards the bulbs until you don't see 6.3 volts AC any more.

#6 5 years ago

I recall on the one I had, one of the pins on the Jones plug by the tilt bob got hot and deteriorated.

I don't recall if it was the G.I. only or both G.I. & controlled lamps

#7 5 years ago

If you mean all pf lights, look at the fuse and poor original fuseholders. If you mean controlled lights, look at the Game Over and Tilt relays.

#8 5 years ago

You guys are amazing! Bottom fuse holder by the tilt bob had a broken ear. Jumpered the fuse out and it lit up like Christmas. Soldered in a new fuse holder and the game is fixed (again...for now)!!! Thank you so much for sharing all of your knowledge.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Wanted
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-playfield-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.