By Eddie

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Eddie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Just got a Capt Fantastic to shop out and it is in a really bad state.

I managed to get it working after 7 hrs but occasionally a ball wont "End" in other words it goes into the out hole and doesnt register but a score reel will keep turning and the rest of the game is frozen. I found that if I TILT the game then the game will reset for the next ball.

If I turn the game off and power back on when I press the start button the game will reset and start new.

This can happen at anytime and with any player so I eliminated it being a lone score reel switch.

I cant read the PDF schematics on my computer as they are not clear.

The client does not have a manual and the the labels on all but two relays are gone. I have no idea which relay is the one to look for.

Can anyone give some advice and would anyone have a chart to reference the relay locations?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Your Bonus Unit is getting stuck as that drains at the end of the ball and adds points to the score. Rebuild it or clean it up to get it to move freely and consistently.
Best of luck.
Otaku
(If that's not it then it's the bonus unit score motor switch but that is very unlikely - if you open the machine and see the unit "struggling" then it's not the score motor switch)

Wont have access to the machine until Fri but I will rebuild the bonus unit and see what happens.

#4 7 years ago

Rebuilt the bonus unit and the problem persists.!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-one-issue-need-help?tu=eddie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.