Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NickNitro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 1 year ago

Hi all,

I have a Bally Captain Fantastic that I'm working on and it just doesn't want to start.

When the machine is powered on, the lock relay stays energized so that's good.
When I put a coin, the reset relay and the coin relay stay energized along with the lock relay and nothing happens. Pressing the start/reset button does nothing.

Oddly enough the machine was working not too long ago. Then after a few games it would basically just stop and not start again. Manually pushing the delay relay or hitting a tilt switch would make it work again for a few games but now it doesn't help and doesn't start at all. I thought it was the game over relay, took a look at it, cleaned and adjusted it but changed nothing.

Any help is appreciated!

#2 1 year ago

That problem has the symptoms of a stuck coin or coin switch, or a coin switch wire came off.

#3 1 year ago

100% correct, found a broken wire off the score motor!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-not-starting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.