• Latest reply 5 years ago by HowardR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180915_205428 (resized).jpg
20180912_011151 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi. I start a game and everything works on playfield. Pops, slings, rollovers, drops, etc... all working. The flippers do not work at all. The upper right flipper is sitting in the bottom of the cabinet in pieces currently but shouldn't the other 3 flippers still work? Is there a fuse for just the flippers? Something else I should be looking for? This is so wierd... never had this problem before.

#2 5 years ago

I'm assuming the problem was after you took apart the the upper flipper? I would check for any wires associated with it.

#3 5 years ago

I bought the game with the upper flipper already in the bottom of the cabinet. The game was mostly dead. Made lots of progress but no power to flippers...not sure why none of them would work if one is not connected.

#4 5 years ago

The flipper power is daisy chained, it's possible it goes through the top flipper first and they didn't tie the two wires together when removing...

Check voltage at the coils to start

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

not sure why none of them would work if one is not connected.

What does your schematic show?

#6 5 years ago

zacaj Ahh... gotcha. Yeah there are three wires just hanging down. I will check it out. Thanks!

#7 5 years ago

Twisting those loose wires together brought the left 2 flippers to life. Ordered new parts for flippers on the right side. Thanks!

#8 5 years ago

Right flippers still don't work...ideas?

#9 5 years ago
20180912_011151 (resized).jpg20180912_011151 (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago

Inspect and diagnose that circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

#11 5 years ago

It's the same for both the left and the right flipper button. If you're not great at reading schematics start by checking the working circuit and comparing it to the non-working circuit. Do you have continuity at the button? Are any wires disconnected?

#12 5 years ago

I am pretty sure I wired the right side coil on bottom incorrectly. I just rewired it the way it was wired (which I believe to be wrong). I will report back.

#13 5 years ago

Yeah...no change. If someone happens to have this game and could send me pics of the wiring to the coils it would be most appreciated!

#14 5 years ago

I have continuity at the button and from the button to both right side flipper coils. So I am thinking it is probably wired wrong?

#15 5 years ago

Just found a pic. It appears that everything is wired correctly now...how do I check voltage to the coils? Do I need the press cabinet button when testing?

#16 5 years ago

Where would I start with jumper wire? Cabinet switch and flipper coil? Which lug?

#17 5 years ago

Well guess I did it wrong. Blew the 50v 10amp fuse. Guess I am done for the night.

#19 5 years ago

I will read through this carefully and report back. Thanks!

#20 5 years ago

So would I place one end of jumper on red wire that runs through cabinet? If so where do I attach it? Where do I start with other end? One of the right side flipper coils? Which lug? I am assuming I would have to press flipper button on cab or is this not necessary? The planetimming link made sense to me but still not sure what to do...

#21 5 years ago

Thanks to Howard for saving the day once again! I appreciate you taking the time to walk me through the issue. Problem was a burnt connection on Jones plug on the back of the relay board. Sanded everything down but wouldn't work so just added a jumper from bottom of female side to top of male side. All 4 flippers are working now. Thanks again!

#22 5 years ago

Thanks to Howard for saving the day once again! I appreciate you taking the time to walk me through the issue. Problem was a burnt connection on Jones plug on the back of the relay board. Sanded everything down but wouldn't work so just added a jumper from bottom of female side to top of male side. All 4 flippers are working now. Thanks again!

20180915_205428 (resized).jpg20180915_205428 (resized).jpg
#23 5 years ago

Glad I could help.

I don't have much experience with bad Jones plugs. Maybe some Bally EM owner(s) can chime in on how to fix bad connections there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-no-power-to-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.