(Topic ID: 191973)

Captain Fantastic issue

By ultaswank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 6 years ago

First of all thank you so much! I'm elbows deep into my first restoration and this site has been invaluable! I've been work on my Captain Fantastic for about a month now, and just doing the standard maintenance/cleaning has resolved a ton of issues, and even the couple of coils I've needed to replace has gone smoothly, but I've finally hit a wall I can't seem to get over. When I play a game, the first ball scores on the Player 1 score board, the second on the Player 2 board, the third on Player 3 and then both the 4th and the 5th score on the Player 4. If you start a game with multiple players it lights up like you have multiple players but it does the same thing as above and acts like its only a single player game. Also, not sure if its related but the ball number lights don't work even though the bulbs are good. I suspect the player unit has something wrong with it, and I'm going to see if a general cleaning might help the issue, but of course I'd also really like to understand what's going on with it. Any ideas?

3 weeks later
#3 6 years ago

Hey there Ultaswank,

Head over to this youtube video, it's pretty helpful. At 1min 23seconds you get a visual and general cleaning guide for the Player Unit which I suspect is may be the root of the issue you are having, I had a similar issue with my Capt Fantastic and this resolved it. The whole video is great though.

Also found on another forum:

Make sure the leaf switch on the player unit (in the bottom of the cabinet, behind the coin unit) is on the bottom of the trip pin they tend to get on top. You'll want to also clean the Coin Step Up Unit because it tells the player unit that only one player is playing and not to step up. I need to check the schematics to make sure, but I actually think the Player Reset relay should energize which keeps the Player Step Up Unit from stepping up, and resets it back to player 1 at the appropriate time when more than 1 player
is playing. The Coin Step Up Unit you'll want to clean which I believe is on the bottom board.

Hope this helps some!

Also here's the link to the other forum.

www.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-single-player-moves-to-all-4

#4 6 years ago

Also Ultraswank there is a visual representation of this problem noted above at around the 6min mark of that youtube video above. Very valuable info!

Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.