3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 3.54.41 PM (resized).png
7347649a9d20f6bfdef6ceeb75fa3c10 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

I am going to look at a supposively HUO Captain Fantastic pinball this week. Have not seen any pic or know the condition yet. The seller says it's been in storage for 3-5 years. Give me some ideas of what I might be looking for in a machine that's been storage for awhile. Also is a HUO more valuable? Price wise I've seen anywhere from 500 to 3000 for a CF. Advice requested.

Kickout

#2 3 months ago

HUO is a useless term. Is the front drilled for a lock bar? Probably been routed.
Most important is condition of the playfield and the backglass. Flaking paint, worn to the wood? Broken plastics may be hard to find. The electronics are generally easier to repair than the art.
Termite damage is rare but replacing the entire cabinet is a pita. Watch for them.

#3 3 months ago

Be careful...Which CF is it?
The is a CF of the same name, which is the 3/4 sized home model. (not an EM)

#4 3 months ago

I've seen HUO EMs from the 70's but they are extremely rare.

As mentioned above, there is a 90% chance that you are going to look at this $50 piece of crap:
7347649a9d20f6bfdef6ceeb75fa3c10 (resized).jpg

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

...there is a 90% chance that you are going to look at this $50 piece of crap:
[quoted image]

"Piece of Crap"? I will have you look at the picture where it clearly says "commercial-quality" right there in print sir!

1 week later
#6 3 months ago

Never heard the term HUO, I'm guessing you mean Home edition captain fantastic and not the commercial coin operated EM game. You need to verify which captain fantastic the seller has if you have not seen a picture. It's not worth your time to travel a long distance for a home version pin.

Assuming you are aware of what you are getting into these games are usually salvageable. The most common problems are with the power supply. Shorted diodes or worn out capacitors. TNT has a video where they were able to do a quick repair on a customers home fireball you may find interesting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.50
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside