• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

39299583-237D-4D59-BFBD-612E9C821649 (resized).jpeg
D8936348-BAFD-4DE7-8DB5-60AA5C885E57 (resized).jpeg
A2AA18E0-BEE4-460E-B3F8-C2F0E59C4BF7 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Need some help again on Captain Fantastic. My remaining problem is with coins and credits. When a coin is inserted the game starts up as normal. Inserting additional coins will add players up to 4. Inserting more coins does not do anything, the game eats the coin. I can hear the coin unit step up coil fire but no credits are added to the credit wheel as I thought it should do. Shouldn’t it add credits if more than 4 coins are inserted, or at least drop out the coin lockout relay? Game is setup for1play per 1 coin (quarters).

What I would really like is for the game to just add credits for each coin instead of starting a game, but I don’t know if that is possible.

#2 3 years ago

There is a metal bar that screws into the credit unit in the head. There are pre determined holes for this bar or rod. I believe the credit levels are 5, 10, 15 and 25 maybe. The bar is designed to open a switch on the credit unit which stops allowing credits to be added after it opens. I'd wager yours is set to the lowest allowable credits. My Old Chicago was set like that when I got it and I moved it to the max setting.

#3 3 years ago

In the pdf manual pages 23 through 27 detail the correct settings for coins/credits depending upon if your machine has *ALL* 3 of the optional plug-in coin relays installed.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/438/Bally_1976_Capt_Fantastic_and_The_Brown_Dirt_Cowboy_English_Manual_no_schematics.pdf

I recently had to follow those instructions on a Captain Fantastic where "someone" had rewired the coin switches incorrectly. It was doing exactly the same thing yours is doing.

#4 3 years ago

Interesting @kenlayton, so it just ate your coins without giving you credits?

RC_like_the_cola I know about the pin, playing the game I can earn lots of credits, I am up to 18 credits on the wheel now. My problem is it keeps the coin but does not add a credit to the wheel.

#5 3 years ago

Adjustment plugs are all where they are supposed to be and it looks to me like the coin mech wiring is correct. Switches on coin unit stepper are correct, not sure what else to try, still having the same issue. This is the most complicated part of the schematic for me.

Anybody have this working correctly for coins that can post some pictures or offer advice?

#6 3 years ago

Mine works fine. I can take pics of whatever you need. In your original post, are you saying that inserting a coin, actually starts a game? And then inserting more, adds players without pressing the credit/start button? That would be incorrect behavior. Gottliebs work that way, but not Ballys.

#7 3 years ago

Take pictures of the left (nearest the hinge) coin switch wiring as well as the right (nearest the lock) coin switch wiring. Do you have all three of the optional plug-in coin relays installed? Do you have a two chute door or a three chute door?

I think on the Captain Fantastic I had all the troubles with, someone had hooked up the white-blue wire to the center terminal of the coin switch. I had to take that off and use the yellow-black wire instead. And don't forget the right coin switch is wired differently than the left one.

#8 3 years ago

I moved some of the adjustment plugs around and now it is adding credit. The coin door closest to the lock works as I want, adding 1 credit for 1 coin. The coin door closest to the hinge adds 1 credit for the first coin and 2 credits for the next coin, then 1 credit for the 3rd coin and 2 credits for the 4th coin.

Here are the pictures.

39299583-237D-4D59-BFBD-612E9C821649 (resized).jpeg39299583-237D-4D59-BFBD-612E9C821649 (resized).jpegA2AA18E0-BEE4-460E-B3F8-C2F0E59C4BF7 (resized).jpegA2AA18E0-BEE4-460E-B3F8-C2F0E59C4BF7 (resized).jpegD8936348-BAFD-4DE7-8DB5-60AA5C885E57 (resized).jpegD8936348-BAFD-4DE7-8DB5-60AA5C885E57 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-help-needed-again-coins-and-credits?hl=thewiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.