6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180314_110407 (resized).jpg
IMG_0091 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

One of the legs broke off on the 5amp fuse holder (picture below). I do have the leg, but am not sure of the best way to re-attach it. Any suggestions?

Or, can I order a replacement fuse holder? Macro specialties carries quite a few, but I'm not sure which to get (don't want to blow anything up!). Any suggestions there as well?

Cheers,
Marc

IMG_0091 (resized).jpgIMG_0091 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Radio Shack if there is one still around you , automotive parts place should have some as well

best to get some for the other fuses as well

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Radio Shack if there is one still around you , automotive parts place should have some as well
best to get some for the other fuses as well

Thanks buddy - is it important to get a 5 amp holder for the 5 amp fuse?

#4 6 years ago

the 1.25" glass fuse holder is a standard size rated up to 30 Amps ( but DON'T put a 30A fuse in there )

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from MarcBollinger:

One of the legs broke off on the 5amp fuse holder (picture below). I do have the leg, but am not sure of the best way to re-attach it. Any suggestions?
Or, can I order a replacement fuse holder? Macro specialties carries quite a few, but I'm not sure which to get (don't want to blow anything up!). Any suggestions there as well?
Cheers,
Marc

Bally fuse holders are garbage. Replace ALL & check fuses for proper values... have yet to restore a pin that actually had all of the correct fuses in it.

#6 6 years ago

I was lucky enough to buy up most of the parts and 2 sets of parts drawers when our local Radio Shack closed up. Lots and lots of parts I have been using on my pinballs. There were 12 packs of the 5 position fuse holders in the lot. At the retail value of just the fuse holders I made half my money back. They are perfect for replacing those old cheap ones.

#9 6 years ago

I started using this fuse holder as my standard replacement. Since finding them locally leads to poor selection or no selection, I just order them.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Eaton/BK-S-8002-1-R/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduiO%252b0r8r7rLBubUtaCv0TH16zW4RBTvY32eoehlctLDyw%3d%3d

20180314_110407 (resized).jpg20180314_110407 (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Skidave:

I started using this fuse holder as my standard replacement. Since finding them locally leads to poor selection or no selection, I just order them.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Eaton/BK-S-8002-1-R/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduiO%252b0r8r7rLBubUtaCv0TH16zW4RBTvY32eoehlctLDyw%3d%3d

I picked up the 4-pack at O'Reilly's today and they worked well, but that one looks a lot better (bigger wholes to feed the wires through). Gonna order some to have some on hand.

Thanks buddy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-em-fuse-holder-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.