84 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 78 days ago by HowardR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 84 days ago

Hi. I am having issues with my drop targets not resetting during play.The targets drop and give the 500 pints but do not reset.They reset fine after the ball drains .Also I can reset them by manually moving the targets down relay. Mechanically everything works great and they were working perfectly up until recently. Seems like after I unplugged and cleaned some of the jones plugs and removed and cleaned the score motor switches is when the trouble began I have checked the switches and plugs a few times and don't see anything that looks out of place. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

#2 84 days ago

take a look at all the individual target switches , do they all score individually when they drop ? (give it a moment to score between dropping the next one)

if those are all fine , then the closed contact on the out-hole relay and then the 500 point relay according to the schematic.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/438/Bally_Capt_Fantastic_1062_Schematic.pdf

Initially I thought the score motor contact UNTIL you mention they reset after drain

#3 84 days ago

Hi I cleaned all of the contacts on the out hole relay and the 500 relay but no change in the situation except the Special started working as well as the extra ball. But now when the game is over I cant get the machine to reset. I took apart and cleaned the Game over relay and I think I screwed something up with that because I can't get the game to come on no matter what I do. The score reel goes through the motions but the drops don't reset unless i push the game over relay to the on position but even then it doesn't register a ball in play. Man am I frustrated!! All of that being said I love this forum and wish I had more time to spend on it Thanks and Happy New Year to all of my fellow Pinsiders!!

#4 84 days ago

Does the Outhole relay activate when you start a game?

#5 83 days ago

The game won't reset at all now since I took the game over relay apart

#6 83 days ago
Quoted from thebeam85:

removed and cleaned the score motor switches is when the trouble began

Quoted from thebeam85:

I took apart and cleaned the Game over relay

Sorry but that was a mistake. This forum is full of posts from people who tried shotgun cleaning & adjustments, and caused more problems than they were originally trying to solve.
What to do instead: Slowly and carefully diagnose one problem at a time and then fix only that.
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#clean

Quoted from thebeam85:

The game won't reset at all now since I took the game over relay apart

1. Which Captain Fantastic do you have? There are 2 linked at the top of this thread.
2. If you'd like to talk on the phone, send me your phone number in a private message.

#7 79 days ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Sorry but that was a mistake. This forum is full of posts from people who tried shotgun cleaning & adjustments, and caused more problems than they were originally trying to solve.
What to do instead: Slowly and carefully diagnose one problem at a time and then fix only that.
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#clean

1. Which Captain Fantastic do you have? There are 2 linked at the top of this thread.
2. If you'd like to talk on the phone, send me your phone number in a private message.

I linked the Electro-mechanical game, the other one is a Solid state home edition that doesn't have drop targets.

Please keep us posted on your progress, if you can snap and post any pics that may be helpful as well

Pinrepair is an excellent resource

#8 78 days ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Please keep us posted on your progress

I talked with him on the phone and he's ordering an L shaped contact adjuster and some parts from PBR.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 21.00
1,895 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Finksburg, MD
Machine - For Sale
Unknown City, CA
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 250.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.99
$ 109.99
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 37.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside