(Topic ID: 183275)

*SOLVED* Captain Fantastic Coils Constantly Firing?

By Zenomorp

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Zenomorp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Hello peeps. Need help with a Captain Fantastic. Don't have much experience with the older EM machines. I was able to successfully bring this machine back from the dead. It was completely dead upon power activation. Found the playfield disconnects not seated all the way down, a broken 50v fuse holder with the associated blown fuse, and the coin door disconnects not seated as well. Now the machine fully lights up and appears to be functioning normally...until you add credits or start a game. Then this happens...

Any help would be appreciated because I've gone over everything with a fine-toothed comb and can't see anything more obvious that what I've already found. I'm a bit out of my league on this one. All my expertise is on 1990+ machines. Thanks - Mike.

#2 7 years ago

I removed the sling rubbers and the game appears to run properly now. Got a handful of switches that aren't working and need cleaning/adjusting, including the slings, but otherwise the machine is working fine now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-coils-constantly-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.