• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Whizzo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
#1 3 years ago

Hello everybody! Got a problem with my captain fantastic bonus lights. Bonus lights for A, B, double points, out holes etc. are inop. They started to flicker and stopped working altogether. The bonuses all pay out. For some reason the lights are not getting any power. Thanks.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Whizzo:

Hello everybody! Got a problem with my captain fantastic bonus lights. Bonus lights for A, B, double points, out holes etc. are inop. They started to flicker and stopped working altogether. The bonuses all pay out. For some reason the lights are not getting any power. Thanks.

Check B relay make/break switch contacts probably dirty or not making properly. First, check that the switch stack or stacks are tight on the relay frame, then clean each switch contact. Then check/adjust for proper contact. Since it's a make/break, there will be two sets of contacts you'll have to clean and/or adjust. Report back.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks, Dono! I will get back on it tomorrow after work and I will let you know. Thanks for the quick response!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Whizzo:

Thanks, Dono! I will get back on it tomorrow after work and I will let you know. Thanks for the quick response!

My pleasure, and as always check to make sure wires on that B relay coil and associated switch blades haven't disconnected.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Whizzo:

Hello everybody! Got a problem with my captain fantastic bonus lights. Bonus lights for A, B, double points, out holes etc. are inop.

Likely that the make/break sw. on A and the Alternating relay may also need adj.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#6 3 years ago

Do the lites for Bonus (1k-10k) work?

#7 3 years ago

I Checked and cleaned the “B” relay. The switches were dirty but did not need any adjusting. I checked all the wiring and they all seem ok. But unfortunately I still have the bonus light issue. I haven’t checked the “A” relay or the alternating relay yet. And, no the bonus lights 1000 to 10,000 do not work. No light on lane bonuses either. Bonuses are paying out.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Whizzo:

I Checked and cleaned the “B” relay. The switches were dirty but did not need any adjusting. I checked all the wiring and they all seem ok. But unfortunately I still have the bonus light issue. I haven’t checked the “A” relay or the alternating relay yet. And, no the bonus lights 1000 to 10,000 do not work. No light on lane bonuses either. Bonuses are paying out.

Apologies, forget the B relay for now, that's most likely a red herring in your scenario...

Check the Game over normally closed switch (white)... if that's dirty or not closed during the game, you wont have bonus lights; this same switch also governs other lamp circuits (bumpers, rollover lanes, gate open arrow, special, extra ball, A/B lane), so if your lamps in these areas don't light as well that's probably your culprit.

If the ONLY issue is your bonus lamps, I'd first look at the contact "fingers" on the bonus unit that control the lamps... make sure they're making a connection with the contact plate rivets as they pass from one bonus position to the next.

Let us know.

#9 3 years ago

Dono,

Your a genius. It was the Game Over Relay switch with the white wire! All the bonus lights work great and l played a couple games. Thank you so much!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Whizzo:

Dono,
Your a genius. It was the Game Over Relay switch with the white wire! All the bonus lights work great and l played a couple games. Thank you so much!

Awesome, glad you were able to get it going.

#11 3 years ago

Currieddog,
Thank you for your help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-bonus-lights-inop?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.