Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20221219_140730 (resized).jpg
20221219_140808 (resized).jpg
20221219_140759 (resized).jpg
20221219_140751 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Just finishing up a full restoration. Went smoothlly, new playfield, cab redone and only had one switch issue. I am having a problem getting the right outlane ball gate to work properly. I reassembled exactly as she came out, simple bushing with a pawl that has a pin that slides in a shaft that allows to gate to normaly pop out and then return when the right outlane is triggered. My problem is I cannt get the gate shaft correct. I am getting too big a range of movement. When i set it to the right for opening where it doesnt quite hit the woodrail, when it returns it flies back and closes off the inner lane on the right. I have included pics and was hoping someone would share apic of theres so I can compare. Lot of slop in the busing but those arent repairable that i know, but that shouldnt cause an issue. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

20221219_140730 (resized).jpg20221219_140730 (resized).jpg20221219_140751 (resized).jpg20221219_140751 (resized).jpg20221219_140759 (resized).jpg20221219_140759 (resized).jpg20221219_140808 (resized).jpg20221219_140808 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

I would need to look at mine, but I think you're missing the music wire post in between the lanes.

#3 1 year ago

Ahh, I see a hole in the original playfield, nit sure what was in there. All the wireforms are accounted for. If I could get a good pic I can come up with something

#4 1 year ago

You can see the wire post on ipdb photo of playfield.

#5 1 year ago

Yes I saw thatnandni went back to original playfield and saw the hole. However I don't remember removing a post here and if so I don't have it. I certainly can make but wonder if it's the dqme.fquge asbthe wire form on the same lane. Was hoping someone would just have a look at their playfield and see if it's the same diameter material and just a single.post. closenup would be good.

#6 1 year ago

You're missing a nail below the lane wire to stop the gate.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=438

#7 1 year ago

Thanks skydive. I found the hole in old playfield and there were several rusty finish nails. Found a pic with it. Now just tryingnto find the right thing to put back in new playfield instead of a rusty finish nail.

#8 1 year ago

I use stainless steel rod. I cut it to length with a Dremel.

I would be worried about the clear on the playfield. Plenty of threads about how to handle dealing with fresh clear and using correct Dremel bits so you dont damage it.

#9 1 year ago

what type of SS rod? Welding rod or piano wire?

#10 1 year ago

On my original playfield and in the pics it looks like the pin is a smaller diamter rod than the wire ball guide immediately above it. Can someone verify before i order the size rod i need. Standard wire guide is 3/32 (.093), but that pin looks more like 2mm. Just wanna get the right size rod

#11 1 year ago

PBR sells it a a pf pin, used all over pf's to keep balls out of various nooks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12 1 year ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

what type of SS rod? Welding rod or piano wire?

Stuff I have had for years. You could see what is available locally if you have a welding supply company. Honestly, you could just get something from Amazon or use what Pinball Resource has available like pinhead52 shared.

#13 1 year ago

Got it squared away- now i have an issue with the left slingshot not firing all the time. I have adjusted the gaps on the leaf switches and if i manually activate them they will fire kicker, but when ball hits it doesnt. I can continue to adjust contacts and have cleaned them, but the sequence from leaf switch to coil fire isnt always working. I think i just my have an alignment issue when repopulating playfield and the angles of the switches may be off so ill keep at it. May remove the coil and bracket and leaf switches and fill all holes with toothpicks and glue and reposition everything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-ball-gate-assembly-and-operation-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.