(Topic ID: 15164)

Captain Fantastic backglass lights

By bikey

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bikey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hello everyone!
I'm a REAL newbie. I just purchased my first EM, a Captain Fantastic. It plays great, but the Ball In Play lights don't light up. I want to change bulbs, but as they're in those little recesses, I'm sure you all have a trick to getting them out.

I see there are 3 fuses on the left side of the cabinet...do those just pull straight out? I tried, but they're in there good. Also, I saw in another post that there's a 4th fuse located by a 'service outlet.' Where is that on the machine?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

#3 11 years ago

Thanks, Bill! I do have the original manual, just haven't read through it yet.

Anyone have a quick answer to my questions?

I did see a tool out there called the Mill Tool. Looks pretty cool and that it would make extracting those bulbs easier.

Also, is there a test mode that lights up all the bulbs so I can see which ones are out?

Thanks

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the reply! So where do I find the ball count unit? Is it on the board behind the row of lights? And what is a DMM? See, I told you I was a newbie! hehe

#7 11 years ago

OK, great! Thanks so much for your help. I'll let you know what I found out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bikey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-backglass-lights?tu=bikey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.