35 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by timab2000
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 35 days ago

The alternating relay on my Captain Fantastic has stopped working and I'm having trouble tracking down the cause.

I can manually move the relay back and forth and it will cause my pop bumper lights to alternate back and forth like it's supposed to but it will not work on its own. Having a hard time making sense of the schematics if anybody can chime in I greatly appreciate it thanks

#2 35 days ago

Look at your 00-90 unit in the head. That is usually where the alternating occurs as you score points. There is a switch blade that is triggered by the plastic cam. This switch turns your alternator relay on and off.

I have had that switch come just a bit loose on a game.

Also, check and clean the contacts on that switch. It gets a lot of use.

Move this to the EM sub-group if that doesn't fix it.

#3 35 days ago

I did a teardown of that 00-90 unit as shown in this thread. However, as noted there, the machine I used for that (Bon Voyage) does not have an alternator relay, so that switch that Skidave is talking about isn't shown in my thread. But everything else with that unit should be very similar. If you get the chance it would be great to get a photo of how that switch looks mounted on that 00-90 unit for future reference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-00-90-match-unit-torn-down-analyzed-and-demystified#post-5392204

#4 35 days ago

Thanks I'll check that out in the morning and report back.

#5 34 days ago

Okay you guys were right the 00 - 90 switch wasn't quite closing the way it should did a little adjustment on that and now it's working good so thanks for your help I appreciate that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Santa Ana, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 64.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Geeteoh Electronics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Boards
PCB Emporium
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 289.00
$ 4.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside