By Pinballjimmy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181102_235700.jpg
#1 5 years ago

Got this pin as doa. Fixed some wiring and cleaned some coonections and got it to fire upand even start a game. Backbox and playfield lights were working for a couple minutes then dead. Games still plays. Checked fuses and they are good but of course the clips are horrific. I plan to put new ones in but I want to verify the wiring here is correct or not. Looks like I may be missing a wire but not sure. Also I'm reading 12v not 6 off the two 15a fuses. Believe itor not voltage is passing through each fuse.

20181102_235700.jpg20181102_235700.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Hi Pinballjimmy Welcome to pinside.

The schematic doesn't specify the wire color for your Red&White wire, but other than that your fuse wiring looks correct.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/438/Bally_Capt_Fantastic_1062_Schematic.pdf

#3 5 years ago

Fuse holder wiring appears correct.

#4 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure the lights are controled by the game over relay I have the same problem and have been reading a lot,i just haven't had time to go poke around.

1 week later
#5 5 years ago

I replaced all the fuse holders, cleaned the coin door jones plug and set it to free play. Fires right up. Now all i have to do is clean and wax, rebuild pops and flips, refurbish dt assembly, resleeve sling coils. Aside from cleaning and adjusting some switches that'sa wrap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-7?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.