• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by alb0711
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aaaWork-3_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alb0711.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I've been working for at least the past week on a pesky 500 point scoring issue on my captain fantastic. When you hit one of the drop targets you are supposed to be awarded 500 points. The machine usually gives more then 500, sometimes 800 or 900 and on rare occasions the correct 500 points. The issue happens regardless of which player is up. I also do not have issues with a simple 100 point score. I'm thinking I can rule out the 100 point relay as well as the switches on the score reels.

I originally thought this might be an issue with the 500 point relay, so I cleaned and adjusted it but that didn't fix things.

My next adjustment was to the switch motor stack, specifically 1B and 10B. After many tries I still have the same issue.

Any ideas? As always I appreciate the help!

Allen

#4 8 years ago

Frank/Rolf - I did find a weak spring on the 500 point relay, so I swapped that spring with the spring on the seldom used "over the top" relay. Unfortunately after testing that still didn't fix the issue.

I hadn't noticed score motor switch 2C on the schematics until Rolf called it out. I made a gap adjustment to the switch 2C and all is working correctly now.

Thanks again for your help!

Allen

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alb0711.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-fantastic-500-point-score-issues?tu=alb0711 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.