Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by smersh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 7 years ago

Hi

My CF 5 targets don't reset all the time. I just installed new targets and inspected the mech that hold the targets. Looked at coil and sleeve, it looked good no mushroom. no drag, cleaned and reinstalled.

The coil looks like it just doesn't pull up like it should.
Could it be bad?
What controls the coil?

Any direction would be great.

#2 7 years ago

Check the switch that triggers when all drops go to down position.

Just to be clear is this the SS home version pin?

#3 7 years ago

No it is the EM version

#4 7 years ago

well, it's pretty unlikely that it is the coil... possible, but unlikely...

do they "not reset at all" or "partially reset"?

got a schematic? what triggers the drop target bak reset?

#5 7 years ago

They sometimes reset but most of the time NO. There is just a bar that goes under all tagets and hooked to coil pin so when the coil pulls, the bar lifts up and resets all. Just have the schematic from internet data base

#6 7 years ago

Slim chance this might be the solution? >>
http://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0375.html

#7 7 years ago

Check to make sure the plunger is adjusted properly...as in it so going into the coil far enough to push target bank up. When checking push in on end of plunger not the link/arm.

Also, check the motor switch that controls reset for proper adjustement and clean contacts.

#8 7 years ago

Be sure to check the bar is well seated on both ends. On my machine I had to tap the distal side (away from the solenoid) to make it snug enough to work. Also make sure the springs are correct and not too tight. I have found machines where the springs were shortened and that can cause problems.

#9 7 years ago

i'm not an expert, but i'm thinking that is entirely possible... either that or what cash is pointing out... sounds like the reset bar may not be adjusted correctly...

op, do they "come up" at all? do you hear the reset bank trying to reset? that would be a clue...

#10 7 years ago

My captian had the same problem. I'd start on the score motor, third stack from front, bottom pair. If, when game is ready to play with ball in shooter, pull ball, &lift play field. Then on the switch stack I mention -lift up on stack and bank should reset. If it does and coil fires strongly, then spin motor and c how well the motor closes the gap on that pair contacts . Mine had to b closed as the upper contact of the pair had lifted enough to make the coil fire wimpy, giving erotic resets.
If further chasing is required, next would b (tho I forget which) but I thnk maybe ball reset/outhole relay also has a pair of contacts on it for the drop reset motor. Mind u it's been a few weeks since I fixed mine, and it's late, so I
my memory might b a little off....

#11 7 years ago

gotta watch it for those erotic resets....

#12 7 years ago

TrashMeister you were spot on.

Thank you so much. I cleaned the 3rd stack, bottom contact and adjusted it a little, now it has all the power it needs. Awesome.

#13 7 years ago

Geeze....not even an assist? ; ). Glad it's working...now enjoy it!

#14 7 years ago

Cash_Riprock you were on also and I apologize I got super excited to get it going after HOURS and HOURS. Thank you cash for the comment to help....

#15 7 years ago

I AM somebody! HA....just having some fun! ; ) No need for apologies but thank you. It is exciting bringing the ol' EM's back to life isn't it?

The game over relay(latch/lock)can wreak lots of havoc w/game if out of adjustment....just something to think about if problems occur.

Take care and enjoy that game!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

I AM somebody! HA....just having some fun! ; ) No need for apologies but thank you. It is exciting bringing the ol' EM's back to life isn't it?
The game over relay(latch/lock)can wreak lots of havoc w/game if out of adjustment....just something to think about if problems occur.
Take care and enjoy that game!

Thanks, Im glad the Fourm has folks like you that help out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 32.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 44.95
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 1,248.00
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
Tommy's Pins
$ 430.00
MI Pinball Refinery
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 23.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 85.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside