(Topic ID: 2117)

Captain Ed's Candy Island

By SealClubber

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Any pinsiders live near Michigan City, Indiana? The night before I left my sister-in-law's house, I found out this candy store has a bunch of pins set on freeplay if you buy candy. I called them up and they said they have a bunch of pins and arcade games but wouldn't say which ones other than they have a bunch of old ones. So I was wondering if anyone had been there before?

http://captain-eds-candy-island.com/

#2 13 years ago

I've never been to that corner of my state except passing through on the way to Chicago.
    The only person I ever knew who did go there said the machines are quite old (vintage?) and not kept up very well. I bet they are routed by someone and change around on what is there when.

BTW SC we FINALLY got snow today... and next time you are down this way you better stop by !!

3 weeks later
    #3 13 years ago

Just visited the place today. They have 10 pins and about 8 or so old arcade games. All are set to freeplay. All of the pins are EMs except for Road Kings. The rest are King Pin, "300", Jungle, Duotron, Fan-Tas-Tic, Top Card, Spin A Card a woodrail called Sharpshooter and another one I can't remember. I think only one of these was a Williams, the rest were Gottliebs. Most were working pretty well and pretty clean for routed EMs. A couple had some issues like the Spin a card wouldn't advance past the 4th ball, the Jungle made some wierd buzzing sound and Duotron had a weak left flipper.

The store is kinda strange. It is a candy, furniture and appliance store. They also sell used DVDs/cds/games and chrome auto parts and wheels. Oh, they also have an indoor skate/BMX freestyle park. Like I said, kinda strange mix. But if you are in Michigan City and want to play some old EMs and satisfy your sweet tooth, check it out.

#4 13 years ago

Spin a card is a good game - dont think I ever played Fantastic yet.
    you never know where you will find some game - sounds like a cool place

#5 13 years ago

Sweet! This place will also go up on the new Maps.

#6 13 years ago

LaughingOtter - where are these Maps, on this site? Or are you updating Stern's thing that they have?

1 month later
    #7 13 years ago

No, Stern can get their own info. Plenty of people on their boards and forums.
    There are lots of Pinball Maps out there now. Portland has an app for the iPhone and Android, even.
    Mine started as an exercise in AJAX back in 2000, and it's evolved into a system where anywhere on the planet could be indexed.

The maps are here:
    http://www.laughingotter.com/pinball/

You'll probably want to start with the Maps of All Known Areas.

I'm still working on the main data entry interface. It works, but the design could be improved somewhat, especially on the Game Entry screen.
    Also, the Games maps are still in development, but I thought it would be cool if you could have maps detailing where to find a specific game, if at least one was known in the database.

You'll also find out more about pinball in music than you'll probably ever care about.

#8 13 years ago

I use pinballrebel's location list, mainly because it is the only one I knew of. It seems like Stern used rebel's list when they opened their site but haven't updated the list since then.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-eds-candy-island and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.